I mean....

Redux

32 minutes ago, brophog said:

Yes, against the SUN BELT. Look at their record the past few years, especially against P5 teams, and especially in the early part of the schedule. That's not the profile of some overachieving small program, that's the profile of a team that gets into bowls because the bar is very low and they play in a low tier conference.

This was a team that lined up poorly, had to take unnecessary timeouts, unnecessary penalties, bad snaps, bad tackling, turned the ball over, gave up points on special teams, gave up points on offense. I dont care what their shirt says, this was not a good performance they put up today.

I think I saw that it was 4-66 since 2012. Two of the four wins were against Wake Forest.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 1995 Redux said:

I know that barely nudging out Arkansas State is not noticeable the  progress  we should be seeing in year 3. Wisconsin. Ohio state overcame early defecits.  That's the difference.  And they played tougher squads.

11 games left.  I get it.  I hate being that guy, but yikes guys.

Wisconsin played a tough squad? Didn't realize Utah State was King of the MWC.

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

This is only Week One. Don't overreact to Week one. Biggest improvements happen between week one and week two.

This^^^^  You guys will be fine. Typical first game mistakes and miscues from both teams. Were talking about the same stuff on AStateNation.  At least playing someone else you get to see what some of the weaknesses are and work on them. 

I look at it this way.  Some of the teams we are playing this year struggled against teams that don't have the talent that Ark st has.  They have transfers from P5 and Juco on their team.  They weren't terrible.  That being said we are very slow in the front 7.  Newby as much as I've rooted for him in the past doesn't need to be on the field anymore.  He looks fat and slow and super stiff in open space.  Barry and Ferguson looked like better options because of their athleticism.  Lamar Jackson is still not very good at corner.   Bootle looked ok.  Reimers needs to hit the gym.  I was very surprised with the way he looked on the field.  O line had some miscommunication but didnt look terrible all the time 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The most important thing is that fans keep telling themselves that after 43 years of coaching Riley will finally figure it out.

Riley could be the worst game manager coach I have ever seen. Up by only 2 scores, keep having the offense pass the ball and kill the clock.  That makes perfect sense. Then the way he uncomfortably stands on the sidelines as the game almost slips away is so uninspiring. He was like "oh crap, if they score here it will only a 1 score game. Oh crap they got the onsides kick. Oh crap, we could actually lose this game."

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, brophog said:

Yes, against the SUN BELT. Look at their record the past few years, especially against P5 teams, and especially in the early part of the schedule. That's not the profile of some overachieving small program, that's the profile of a team that gets into bowls because the bar is very low and they play in a low tier conference.

This was a team that lined up poorly, had to take unnecessary timeouts, unnecessary penalties, bad snaps, bad tackling, turned the ball over, gave up points on special teams, gave up points on offense. I dont care what their shirt says, this was not a good performance they put up today.

You really have an issue with the sun belt apparently.

The sun belt has teams capable of challenging the power 5. Troy and application state come to mind. This team beats them. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Again; we should have beaten them by 20, but your complete dismissal of another football team is absolutely astonishing. 

Sometimes you have to applaud the other team. Learn from the mistakes and move on. How you can knee jerk to one game, and reastically one side of the ball for one half, is beyond me. 

Would be great if you doom and gloom folks would wait until mid October to be missable sob's. 

• Plus1 1