Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

4 minutes ago, Melby said:

Current AQ at 123.  With rains coming in all day tomorrow and easterly winds, the forecast for most of the PNW has dropped drastically.  Tomorrows AQ forecast is supposed to be under 50.  In Omaha, right now, the AQ is 68.

I wouldn't trust that forecast.  https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&cityid=730  Check out their forecast vs. reality.  Not even close lol.

It all depends on the weather forecasters, unfortunately. If they are right, it should be a nice day. Here in Seattle, its beautiful out compared to 48 hours ago. If that much can change here without rain in 48 hours, I think with the rain it could clear up nicely.   

I looked at your link and took today's "forecast" as a forecast for 24 hours later, meaning what they guess tomorrow will be like.  Look at the time progression map

4 hours ago, Melby said:

It all depends on the weather forecasters, unfortunately. If they are right, it should be a nice day. Here in Seattle, its beautiful out compared to 48 hours ago. If that much can change here without rain in 48 hours, I think with the rain it could clear up nicely.   

I looked at your link and took today's "forecast" as a forecast for 24 hours later, meaning what they guess tomorrow will be like.  Look at the time progression map

They both read September 7.  I hope our air is moderate or better tomorrow.  It'll be the first time since August 22 lol

All I'll say this evening is that two days ago I couldn't see my neighbors house on the other side of the soccer field that is between us. This evening, I can see it just fine. Then on the negative side, I'm surprised at how bad the visibility is around town after the nice and very welcome rain we had today. Still plenty of smoke in the air.

We had thunder and lightening this afternoon. Hope it didn't start any new fires that could be a problem.

Much cooler this evening. I think it was about 80+ degrees at 8 pm yesterday and tonight it's around 65 at 7 PM. Hopefully we'll have great weather for Saturday, but I'd still expect smoke plenty of signs of smoke in the area at game time Saturday.

• Plus1 1

We got here late yesterday.  No smoke, a little rain  Never saw a hint of fire all along the 5 freeway from Bakersfield thru WEED, California.  From WEED, to Eugene no signs of a fire anywhere.  It is cloudy and foggy/some low clouds.  Temperature is fantastic, coming from the desert, very nice.

If you still haven't decided on coming.   Forget about it.  The weather/Fire/Smoke are not going  to be a factor.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, skersfan said:

We got here late yesterday.  No smoke, a little rain  Never saw a hint of fire all along the 5 freeway from Bakersfield thru WEED, California.  From WEED, to Eugene no signs of a fire anywhere.  It is cloudy and foggy/some low clouds.  Temperature is fantastic, coming from the desert, very nice.

If you still haven't decided on coming.   Forget about it.  The weather/Fire/Smoke are not going  to be a factor.

IMG_3595.JPG

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, skersfan said:

There is still haze here in my hometown for which you drove through.  Those aren't clouds or fog.  That's smoke.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, IA State Husker said:

You serious, Clark?  I mean, its not like any of the fires have stopped burning.  This probably reflects a change in wind direction, if I had to guess.

Uh, are you serious?

i was poking fun at myself for starting the thread and making 20+ posts in it about the possibility of it moving, changing times etc.