Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

54 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't see how they'll reschedule the game if they end up cancelling it. It won't work in the schedule for either team. And doing it in December isn't an option in my opinion and I doubt the powers to be let it happen. It would create chaos should either team end up making some sort of run at something big, which I doubt happens outside of conference title games. If the air quality is that bad then cancel it.

I don't see why not.  I remember Miami playing a rescheduled game in December a few years ago because of a hurricane.  I think it was against Cal.  It's not unusual.  

19 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't think it'll happen, but what happens if we make it to Indy some how? Then we're supposed to play a regular season game after the B1G championship game? That doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly.  It could impact the playoffs/bowls as well.  They are not going to want to wait an extra week for that.

20 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't think it'll happen, but what happens if we make it to Indy some how? Then we're supposed to play a regular season game after the B1G championship game? That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think they would actually do this but the only thing I could see them doing is agreeing to play it on the same weekend as the CCGs provided neither team qualifies.

Conferences might not even let them do that.

9 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I don't see why not.  I remember Miami playing a rescheduled game in December a few years ago because of a hurricane.  I think it was against Cal.  It's not unusual.  

That was against UCLA in 1998.  And it was played the weekend of the conference championship games because neither of their conferences had CCGs back then.

21 hours ago, commando said:

can we call oregon state and maybe borrow their field if the air is better there?   i am sure mike could find his way there.

Oregon State is only 40 miles from Eugene and has very similar air quality issues. Granted Corn Valley will be a little better than Eugene, but still not an option. The ONLY option should they not play Saturday is to reschedule for another date at Autzen. Any thoughts of another sight are just fantasies.

44 minutes ago, GoDucks349 said:

Oregon State is only 40 miles from Eugene and has very similar air quality issues. Granted Corn Valley will be a little better than Eugene, but still not an option. The ONLY option should they not play Saturday is to reschedule for another date at Autzen. Any thoughts of another sight are just fantasies.

Disagree, there's a perfectly logical option. 

Play the dang game in Nebraska.  There just happens to be a much larger stadium that's available for this Saturday.  Wow what are the odds of that.  

It's the only logical choice with the least disruption to the majority of fans involved and salvages revenue for both sides. 

3 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Disagree, there's a perfectly logical option. 

Play the dang game in Nebraska.  There just happens to be a much larger stadium that's available for this Saturday.  Wow what are the odds of that.  

It's the only logical choice with the least disruption to the majority of fans involved and salvages revenue for both sides. 

All that sounds easy enough. It must be nice to understand all the logistics behind a major college football game. 

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, jaws said:

All that sounds easy enough. It must be nice to understand all the logistics behind a major college football game. 

Never said it would be easy.  Where there's a will..............

I'd say it's a far less complex logistical problem than what southeast Texas is facing at the moment.

9 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Never said it would be easy.  Where there's a will..............

I'd say it's a far less complex logistical problem than what southeast Texas is facing at the moment.

It is so nice for you to suggest that Nebraska help Oregon out by giving yourself another home game.