Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

I have to agree that there is zero chance this game gets rescheduled if the air is that bad. They wont move it to a place like Vegas or Denver with only a few days until kickoff.

Now I don't see why they couldn't move this to Seattle if it is last minute decision, it is only a few hour drive from Eugene and for Nebraska fans flying into Portland it is only a couple hour drive North rather then a couple drive South. It will also accommodate both fan bases just fine.

I don't think the air quality is as bad in Seattle since I haven't heard anything about Seahawk game or Husky games being affected, but then again I don't know if either of them are home this weekend.

But I don't see it rescheduled since it doesn't seem to fit into either teams schedule and scheduling it in December would be a wait and see to see if either team were to play in their conference championship game and then the problems that causes with bowl game scheduling.

I hope they make a decision soon as all the people traveling to Eugene need to know if they are still going. Even worse is those flying into the game. They say a chance of rain or winds changing in the forecast, but all I see on my forecast is 80 degree weather that dips into high 70s come Saturday.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Also I don't know if I would read to much into Oregon moving it's practice today to the coast due to the air quality. I think Taggart is being overly cautious and doing some PR since he sent like 3 players to the hospital in his first week of coaching there.

I disagree.  The air is awful.  I live across the river from a mountain range and I haven't seen those mountains in four days now.  I'm literally two miles from them.  The driveway and deck are covered with ash as well.     

I've also read their indoor practice facility has air quality problems as well.  So moving practice an hour away to the coast had to happen.  

1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I disagree.  The air is awful.  I live across the river from a mountain range and I haven't seen those mountains in four days now.  I'm literally two miles from them.  The driveway and deck are covered with ash as well.     

I've also read their indoor practice facility has air quality problems as well.  So moving practice an hour away to the coast had to happen.  

I am concerned with what will happen with this game, because I don't see rain happening this week.

3 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

the contest should be postponed or canceled........the ash will present an inhalation hazard, do what's right here, the hell with the money!

I like our chances less to beat Oregon later in the year.

Neither team have room on their schedule to reschedule to a different date.

I am for this thing either happening on Saturday (maybe move it to Saturday night game as it be better fan experience but don't know how that helps with air quality) or simply being cancelled. Wouldn't using this week for extra practice for the defense.

8 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Thunderstorms are forecast for the Medford area which could spark more fires.  We may get showers, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It would be nice if they let us know sooner rather then later what was going to happen because many have travel plans for Friday/Saturday.

National Weather Service predicting 50% chance of T-storms Wednesday night across western Oregon.  Lightning strikes could ignite a number of new fires, while any heavy downpours could help get current fires under control.  Looking at the active fire map for Oregon, the only way it would appear smoke will not be an issue come Saturday, is if there's a prevailing west by northwest wind to clear it out and wind is the last thing the fires need. 

You can see how bad it is in this Eugene area road cam.

image.jpeg.2c4a19550064736293e77a90723dee55.jpeg

This is part of our vacation plans, we leave in the morning, have non refundable reservations and most likely tickets.  Hope we know something soon.  May just head east to Colorado and run the route backwards.  Lot of money lost. 

I know we have major fires every football season in the LA area.  Have never heard of one being cancelled. 

I don't see how they'll reschedule the game if they end up cancelling it. It won't work in the schedule for either team. And doing it in December isn't an option in my opinion and I doubt the powers to be let it happen. It would create chaos should either team end up making some sort of run at something big, which I doubt happens outside of conference title games. If the air quality is that bad then cancel it.