Where is the confidence coming from?

There is no logic in those who are over confident - it is rose colored glasses!  Riley has done nothing to indicate he can win and win at above a .500 pace!  

If we play better then we did last week defensively we may have a chance but I am not holding out hope.  I know this forum is only for those who express total loyalty to the Big Red and never say anything that is not motivated by the Kool-aide but please!

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I think if we played southern utah; the same results happen as with oregon; if oregon plays arkansas state; they lose.   i think the first offense to 40 wins and i wouldn't bet against the huskers.   the team who avoids turn-overs wins!

Not that it's relevant, it's not, but Oregon is a little familiar with Arkansas St, we played them in 2012. The half time score was 50-10. I don't think Arkansas St would beat Oregon as I highly doubt they've improved that much in the last few years.

• Plus1 1

I think and what i read on former post that most of us are hoping  Bob D didn't show everything the D can do. Probably did,  but I for one am looking for something that we didn't use that we were saving for this game. I sure hope so, or it won't just be the smoke that's got us breathing hard.....

GBR!!!

2 hours ago, brophog said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a less impressive 77 point, 9 rushing TD game. The stats in this case definitely do not help paint a picture of what happened. 

I sort of agree with this, I don't think Oregon was all that impressive last week. So Utah was a pretty bad team. Some stupid mistakes before half time gave them two TDs. That just can't happen against anyone. So yea Nebraska and Oregon had typical first game rust to work off. It's rarely a fine tune team taking the field the first week of the season.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Huskerfan55 said:

There is no logic in those who are over confident - it is rose colored glasses!  Riley has done nothing to indicate he can win and win at above a .500 pace!  

If we play better then we did last week defensively we may have a chance but I am not holding out hope.  I know this forum is only for those who express total loyalty to the Big Red and never say anything that is not motivated by the Kool-aide but please!

His record here any Nebraska is above .500 fwiw and we beat Oregon last year.

Hope that helps

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, GoDucks349 said:

I sort of agree with this, I don't think Oregon was all that impressive last week.

My opinion shifted quite a bit after being able to see the game. Generally speaking, putting up those kinds of lopsided numbers, even against a poor team, is pretty meaningful. After seeing the game, though, I was rather shocked. Lots of self imposed mistakes, a pretty darn poor game by the offensive line, and very questionable decision making by the QB. But, of course, lots of big plays.

Reminded me a lot of a couple of Nebraska offenses in recent years. Big plays are important, and every team needs to find ways of scoring easily, but they can mask mistakes, too, and we know that all too well. I still think Oregon's offense can give Nebraska fits both because of Freeman's ability to turn 5 into 50 and the sheer number of looks they can give a defense that is not yet assignment sound. But if I were an Oregon fan, I'd be deeply concerned on how little my offensive line controlled an FCS team that should have been outmatched there.

Thanks for stopping by.