Who should be fired?

Branno

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

All of the experts expected us to lose this game and many people here did also.

Does no one else find it unacceptable that Riley, in his 3rd year, is expected to lose, to a team we beat last year, that just hired a brand new staff?

For all the talk this week of Diaco holding back last week, we saw essentially the same scheme as last week. This is unacceptable. 

But hey, at this point what does it matter if we fire them now or when we have another 5-7 season. 

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Oregon got A TON of breaks; and Neb. made some nice adjustments at halftime; and most importantly; the team showed HEART and GRIT, and didn't give up.

no one needs to be fired.

the players faught all the way to the end.

I actually think Nebraska got a ton of breaks in the 2nd half.  The missed FG, the drops by Oregon near the red zone, a few penalties that were suspect, etc..

• Plus1 1

It sure looked to me like Oregon played not to lose the game in the second half.  This happens when you get up by 28 at the break and you take the other team for granted.  Its sad to see Nebraska look so bad in the first two games.  I don't think we look any better after two plus years with this coaching staff.  I think we need to spend some money and go after a proven winner to get the program revenant again.

1 minute ago, Branno said:

Does no one else find it unacceptable that Riley, in his 3rd year, is expected to lose, to a team we beat last year, that just hired a brand new staff?

For all the talk this week of Diaco holding back last week, we saw essentially the same scheme as last week. This is unacceptable. 

But hey, at this point what does it matter if we fire them now or when we have another 5-7 season. 

I do.  While there were moments of good things on the offense and defense, there were too many miscues and inconsistencies that you should not have in the 3rd year of the program.  I see no improvement in this program today from how the team played in 2015.  Special teams and punting were a bright spot. 

Just now, bnilhome said:

I actually think Nebraska got a ton of breaks in the 2nd half.  The missed FG, the drops by Oregon near the red zone, a few penalties that were suspect, etc..

I tend to disagree.  I think Nebraska played sound ball in the second half and it was impressive. My concern is the imploding anytime anything bad happens.  If they could cut that out, rally the troops, and work together..... they'd have a different story this game. They were able to do that in the locker room but we need that instantly when something bad happens. WE NEED A LEADER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!!

4 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I tend to disagree.  I think Nebraska played sound ball in the second half and it was impressive. My concern is the imploding anytime anything bad happens.  If they could cut that out, rally the troops, and work together..... they'd have a different story this game. They were able to do that in the locker room but we need that instantly when something bad happens. WE NEED A LEADER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!!

I think our D played better than the first half, and it's hard not to, but Oregon also ran the ball a lot more which played into the Defense's strength.  When you are up 42-14 it's no longer necessary to pass as much.  My comment was that I think both teams had breaks in the 2nd half, AND missed opportunities, and when you are the team losing, you cannot afford to match missed opportunities with the other team.

6 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I wouldnt call a missed FG that would have been a career long a break. I agree; there were a few drops though; however, I would say, overall, Oregon was the "luckier" team today; but that is a part of football, but a coach can't be blamed for that.

1 minute ago, bnilhome said:

I think our D played better than the first half, and it's hard not to, but Oregon also ran the ball a lot more which played into the Defense's strength.  When you are up 42-14 it's no longer necessary to pass as much.  My comment was that I think both teams had breaks in the 2nd half, AND missed opportunities, and when you are the team losing, you cannot afford to match missed opportunities with the other team.

I don't disagree one bit 

3 turnovers and the offende stalled   When we had a chance to win the game. 

Give them credit but through two games I've seen a defense that is making good adjustments at the half and an offense that is wildely inconsistent. 

Obviously we would all like it to be different with the defense, but I'm more discouraged by the offense like I was last week. We should expect better. 

5 minutes ago, VizionNE said:

3 turnovers and the offende stalled   When we had a chance to win the game. 

Give them credit but through two games I've seen a defense that is making good adjustments at the half and an offense that is wildely inconsistent. 

Obviously we would all like it to be different with the defense, but I'm more discouraged by the offense like I was last week. We should expect better. 

Langs offense won't click without a QB who can't make completions.  Same thing as TA.  Square peg, round hole.  The biggest concern is TA could/did use his legs to extend and make plays.  Currently we have a sub 50% QB who can't run......Running a pro style offense.  Dude just looked rocked today.  Locked on receivers, no looking DB's off, threw into double coverage on almost every throw.  Of course, we are also seeing the loss of Westy, Reilly, Carter, etc.....Receivers gotta catch balls....

Oregon was also great at finishing plays.  The tipped INT and the tipped reception come to mind.  They appeared to constantly try to "finish the play"...

• Plus1 1