Who should be fired?

Branno

Oklahoma hanging tough on the road at Ohio State with a new coach names Riley. There is certainly a long way to go in that game, but it just shows how far Nebraska is to being relevant again, and it shows that a brand new coach can take over and keep a good program intact.  I realize Riley did not inherit that good of a program in 2015, but he's certainly had enough time to turn it around.

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

About 1/4 of the posters on this board should be fired.  But wait, they are just like me, a bystander with zero to almost zero relevance when it comes to making coaching hiring decisions at  a Division 1 school....so they can't be fired.

Yeah cause what we need more of here is to make this even more of an echo chamber. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Red_Payne said:

I wouldnt call a missed FG that would have been a career long a break. I agree; there were a few drops though; however, I would say, overall, Oregon was the "luckier" team today; but that is a part of football, but a coach can't be blamed for that.

Wasn't a career long. His long is 47 and it was 44 and he's a damn consistent kicker usually. I think the breaks were even. Oregon got two great tip lucky bounces in the first half. We got the fumble and INT and a few questionable calls in the second. 

42 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Wasn't a career long. His long is 47 and it was 44 and he's a damn consistent kicker usually. I think the breaks were even. Oregon got two great tip lucky bounces in the first half. We got the fumble and INT and a few questionable calls in the second. 

Still... a FG that close to his career long shouldnt be considered a break... at least a BIG break... the tip pass to the other Oregon receiver is a HUGE break.

i would say you may be right; they may have had the same number of breaks; but Oregon's were much bigger and more game changing.

im not sure what penalties were questionable, though.

Tanner Lee's play was a factor that cannot be blamed on the coaches. Offensive play calling wasn't bad; QB play was mediocre at best.

49 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Still... a FG that close to his career long shouldnt be considered a break... at least a BIG break... the tip pass to the other Oregon receiver is a HUGE break.

i would say you may be right; they may have had the same number of breaks; but Oregon's were much bigger and more game changing.

im not sure what penalties were questionable, though.

Tanner Lee's play was a factor that cannot be blamed on the coaches. Offensive play calling wasn't bad; QB play was mediocre at best.

Their kicker was perfect in attempts over 40 yards his first two years. He was 3rd team all American and first team PAC 10. 

Agree on Lee. I have zero issues with the plays Langs called today. Lee didn't execute and that's on him in my book. 

As as far as the breaks, Oregons were bigger only because they capitalized. We got the INT after driving for two quick TD and had a chance to pull within 7 with the ball in Oregon territory. We punted. That doesn't mean our break getting that INT wasn't as big, we couldn't take advantage. The last TD was truly gifted to us with a fumble and two Oregon penalties. Because Lee was fully off the rails at that point