Who should we hire

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

That's not what I'm saying at all.  I'm saying that the 2 examples you showed don't hold water.

And maybe what worked in the 90's was because it was the 90's.  Thinking we can just load the athletic department full of former Nebraska players and everything will be right in the world without question is ignorant.

Did you notice the etc part behind those examples? Both of those programs are doing pretty good and would kick the snot out of us at this point so those two programs have done something right somewhere.

Never said everything would be right in the world now did I? I said folks want us to get back to what we once were. I never said anything about championships either.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Did you notice the etc part behind those examples? Both of those programs are doing pretty good and would kick the snot out of us at this point so those two programs have done something right somewhere.

Never said everything would be right in the world now did I? I said folks want us to get back to what we once were. I never said anything about championships either.

Nice job back peddaling

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Nice job back peddaling

Well, that's not what's happening, but it's your opinion so of course it HAS to be correct. Just ask you....

You've got some jaded opinion about former Husker players especially Scott Frost and you've even had what I'd consider an unpopular opinion about T.O. If I'm recalling correctly from past threads that is.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Well, that's not what's happening, but it's your opinion so of course it HAS to be correct. Just ask you....

You've got some jaded opinion about former Husker players especially Scott Frost and you've even had what I'd consider an unpopular opinion about T.O. If I'm recalling correctly from past threads that is.

When you claim folks want Nebraska to get back to the "way it was" and you say that doesn't mean championships.  That's a back pedal if I've ever seen one

My opinion of Frost isn't jaded.  It's objective.  I haven't seen enough of his ability to coach that proves to me he is an improvement over what we have.

I guess your opinion of my opinion about TO HAS to be correct.  Just ask you...

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

When you claim folks want Nebraska to get back to the "way it was" and you say that doesn't mean championships.  That's a back pedal if I've ever seen one

My opinion of Frost isn't jaded.  It's objective.  I haven't seen enough of his ability to coach that proves to me he is an improvement over what we have.

I guess your opinion of my opinion about TO HAS to be correct.  Just ask you...

Power football, swagger, nasty defense..............yep, says championship in there doesn't it? Obviously the goal is to win championships for every program. I shouldn't have to spell that out to any fan of any program in the nation. Most folks just want to get back to being respected and competitive first, then worry about championships. 

Your opinion on Frost is based on his playing days, you said it another thread. There is no way you aren't allowing those thoughts to creep into your mind when you speak of him as a coach. I recall you speaking ill of T.O. for some handling of some incident at some point and time and holding negative feelings to this day about that.

My opinion in your eyes doesn't matter and you know the reason why. Just agree to disagree I suppose..........

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Power football, swagger, nasty defense..............yep, says championship in there doesn't it? Obviously the goal is to win championships for every program. I shouldn't have to spell that out to any fan of any program in the nation. Most folks just want to get back to being respected and competitive first, then worry about championships. 

Your opinion on Frost is based on his playing days, you said it another thread. There is no way you aren't allowing those thoughts to creep into your mind when you speak of him as a coach. I recall you speaking ill of T.O. for some handling of some incident at some point and time and holding negative feelings to this day about that.

My opinion in your eyes doesn't matter and you know the reason why. Just agree to disagree I suppose..........

"I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE THE WAY IT WAS WITH ALL HUSKER PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW, BUT NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS"  hahahahahahaha

My opinion of Frost as a QB literally has nothing to do with my opinion of him as a HC.  He hasn't been a HC long enough for me to have an opinion.  But in your eyes, him being a 500 coach but winning a NC with an N on his helmet is all you need.  

TO is not infallable.  He isn't God.  You should try saying that and maybe you would understand why people like me have a differing opinion of him.

Your opinion does matter.  I wholeheartedly disagree with it.  But it matters

And I wanted to go back and say that I take back what I said about David Shaw at Stanford.  Although he did continue what Harbaugh started, he is certainly doing well long after the Harbaugh effect would have worn off.

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Would be a guy very much worth talking to.

Stoops

Mullens

Frost

these three should be talked with

Hey how about Stoops and Frost as "coach in waiting" :o  Yes I know - not happening.  I would be completely happy wt any of the 3.  I wish Frost had one or 2 more years of 'seasoning' as a HC but I think his upside is too much to pass up if the opportunity presents itself. 

BTW, Didn't Stoops play at Iowa - maybe he expects that job to come open soon.  But most likely, he may feel he has nothing else to prove- he got his NC, he's dominated the Big 12 wt all of those Conf championships and maybe he just wants to relax wt his millions in the bank.

While I sometimes refered to him as MidGame Bob, he was a excellent coach, kept OU in the conversation and ran a mostly clean program.  He seemed to have lost some of his Big Game Bob spark after the first 8 - 10 years or so. 

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I need an explanation as to why Frost as a HC at a D1 program would entertain the idea of coming to Nebraska as a Head Coach in waiting.

Three easy ones off the top...

1. He would be making around $2M more than what he currently is out the gate 
  2. We are in the Big 10 compared to the AAC
  3. He was born in and played at Nebraska