Oregon Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

That 4th and 1 play was a killer though. 

The defense was a complete mess in that first half and I think everyone knows it. But it was good to see the players not give up and roll over. It doesn't change anything on the scoreboard or in the standings, but it's nice to see nevertheless. And for the coaches to acknowledge their heart and praise their heart is good as well. 

It's a long season and a lot can change over the course of 3-4 months. A lot of teams who wished they played better today. They'll need to regroup, fix the problems, and hopefully come out on the right side against the next big opponent. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Mavric said:

We used to take great umbrage when a coach would seem to throw the players under the bus and refuse to point the thumb.

I still do.  And I am sure most do/will.   Praise in public, correct in private.  Not a way to instill confidence in the players, staff or scheme.  That 1st half crap show on D was all his......  Other teams with first year coaches seem to find a way to overcome inexperience/new scheme etc.....

13 hours ago, Branno said:

One of two quotes from the presser on the thread was literally about that 4 and 1 being a killer... sounds like the focus is on DPE to me 

Show me where the coaches name DPE as the reason for that 4th and 1 penalty. Has it occurred to you that the play was a killer and it's not DPE's fault? Like snapping the ball before he was set or the coaches calling too many shifts for a QB sneak. You're reading into it what you want to be true and not what was said.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

You do know that when he says WE he is part of that WE.  It's not like when a fans says WE and they aren't actually part of the WE. 

Yeah but WE wanted to win soooooo  bad.

I wish your post could be the "banner" for all  new post as a reminder.

• Plus1 1