Guy Thomas

Walt11

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Shot in the arm?

We send 3-4 dudes, get no pressure, drop 8 into zone and they find the holes.  This isn't what happens every time, but it's frequent enough.

I truly don't think its lack of talent either.  They block with 5 and we rush 3....They keep a running back in and we rush 4 against 6....  It's not talent, it's scheme and the inability to adjust until it's too late. 

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I'm going out on a limb; but if he'd showed any sign of being any better pass rusher then we have playing ahead of him, i think he'd be playing!   I'm fairly sure that the coaching staff doesn't just push great players down the depth chart to keep them from playing!

Why would anyone suggest coaches pushing great players down the depth chart? It's called making adjustments, which coaches do all time. Didn't Farniok look much better yesterday than Knevel ever did? How did Knevel ever beat Farniok out? Wasn't Zach Sterup a better OG than Kondolo? It happens. Doesn't have to be some conspiracy. Some players are just better when the lights come on than they show in practice. 

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

What have you seen and where have you seen it, specifically, that makes you so sure about this?  If you are just going off of HS film or his star rankings then I'm sorry, but we have two coaches with LBs.  I think they know more than we do.

I haven't seen anything. I'm going by his high school film against arguably the best high school football players in the country, Bray's comments about him in fall camp, and Parella's eye for DL talent. It's just speculation. Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation is there?