Rimington named Interim AD

He will obviously have two major responsibilities moving forwards.....other than the small day to day things ADs do.

a)  Make sure the turmoil within the Athletic Department stays under control by being there for the employees, coaches and players.  This is extremely important.  When changes are made like this, we can always stand to lose very good employees, coaches, players that don't feel good about what is happening in the department.

b)  Be a strong but calming face to the program while changes are made.

I think he will do very well with that.

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Sounds good; he's very good at the business side of things. 

Agreed. He has the Nebraska ties to soothe the fan base's worries and he has an extensive history fundraising and developing business relationships. That's exactly what they need from an interim.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

He will obviously have two major responsibilities moving forwards.....other than the small day to day things ADs do.

a)  Make sure the turmoil within the Athletic Department stays under control by being there for the employees, coaches and players.  This is extremely important.  When changes are made like this, we can always stand to lose very good employees, coaches, players that don't feel good about what is happening in the department.

b)  Be a strong but calming face to the program while changes are made.

I think he will do very well with that.

I think he will be a great "temporary face" of the Athletic Department.  The best thing he can do in these two months of service is to meet with the coaches and student-athletes to get their honest opinions of the athletic department and get recommendations for improvements.  The coaches and athletes should feel free to be honest with Rimington, because he won't be their "permanent boss".

Just now, zoogs said:

I'd hate to be the "national search" guy with no Nebraska ties to come in and replace Dave Rimington.

Easy solution: don't let that happen.

So you are saying the "national search guy" has to have Nebraska ties?  As much as I like "Nebraska guys", it shouldn't be a pre-requisite for the new AD, it would be the cherry on top.

• Plus1 2