From America's Dairyland...

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I can envision a lot of things. Doesn't mean they're going to happen, and it's pretty foolish to count a game as a win before it's played.

Nebraska had no business Losing to NIU this year, but we did. Had no business losing to Arkansas State this year, almost did. 

Unless FTW said he wasn't going to cheer for the team because of (insert reason), then I apologize. It just seems rather nitpicky.

5 hours ago, FTW said:

I sure did and because of Tommy Favre's scrambling abilities we were able to keep things close. Not happening Saturday.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Were Tommy's 39 rushing yards last year really a huge bonus over his 38% completion percentage, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions?

• Plus1 5

Well, I lived the first 30 years of my life in both states and rarely ventured out of one except to go the other, so it's pretty damn personal with me. I was that kid in the 90s who wore my championship gear in cheeseland and got all sorts of "oh, that's cute"... all those years I'd wished we could play so the locals could understand what I was all about.

And now we play 'em every flippin' year only after they found the plot and we lost it. This game gives me indigestion every damn year.... not sure why it will be different this time. Maybe this is Riley's one annual "win a game they have no business winning" which usually comes a week or two after the annual "losing a game they have no business losing".

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Were Tommy's 39 rushing yards last year really a huge bonus over his 38% completion percentage, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions?

Hell I'd take him over Lee right now. You'll see. He is going to choke against Wisconsin and everyone will be begging for POB. At least Tommy would go down swinging. He masked many of the OL problems we currently have, btw.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, FTW said:

Hell I'd take him over Lee right now. You'll see. He is going to choke against Wisconsin and everyone will be begging for POB. At least Tommy would go down swinging. He masked many of the OL problems we currently have, btw.

Just like I said you will miss him more then you think.  

On 10/5/2017 at 11:02 AM, knapplc said:

I can envision a lot of things. Doesn't mean they're going to happen, and it's pretty foolish to count a game as a loss before it's played. If that's your thing, honestly, why are you a fan?

Nebraska had no business beating Michigan State a couple of years ago, but we did. Had no business beating Iowa that year, almost did.  You go to those games and yell your ass off and hope for the best. If we fall, then you can start bitching about it.  But preemptively bitching about a loss is a waste of everyone's time.

Because I used to coach and I can see problems from a mile away. I mean, I said it would end up 31-17 or 38-20. Pretty damn spot on. I've predicted outcomes forever. 19-0 vs ASU 1996, loss to TX in the B12 title game, predicted undefeated 1997 season, 1998 loss to TX, 1999 loss to TX. In 2001, I predicted a blowout loss to CU. I predicted many teams ahead of us would lose and NEB would sneak into the NC game. They did.

Call it ESP, whatever you want. I'm usually spot on with predictions. When MR was hired, I thought he'd be lucky to get 4 years. Here we are year 3 calling for his head and for good reason. I mentioned our current DL being a weakness and being pushed around all season by lesser opponents and Wisconsin took advantage of this. All night long, our DL was blown off the ball 3-4 yards from the LOS.

Nobody is preemptively "bitching" it's because I've seen results and I don't expect Riley and his staff to get any better. This team is BAD. I've simply stated facts and from what I've evaluated over in film. Our defense got manhandled, our offense is inept and there is nothing special about our special teams except for maybe Lightbourn. We have no team speed on both sides of the ball. A new HC is gonna need 2-3 years of recruiting the best OL and DL he can find and may need to recruit heavy JUCO to fix it quickly.

Now this week all we can hope for is OSU doesn't run up the score. I'm thinking this game will get out of hand quickly either that or Riley pulls off his yearly unexpected upset. I don't see that happening. They're gonna whip us 56-13 and MR will be fired during the BYE week with Diaco taking interim for the rest of the year.

We know how this movie is going to end, man. We've seen it before and here's it's sequel 10 years later. I'm a huge Husker fan but I'm in the same boat as former players. It's BS to think Nebraska can't do better or be better than what we've seen for 15+ years. We just need the right leaders in place AD/HC to reinstall our identity which as Matt Davison says, our refusal to lose.

There is so much apathy towards this program and that has to change quickly before it's too late to even rise from the ashes. 

5 hours ago, FTW said:

They're gonna whip us 56-13 and MR will be fired during the BYE week with Diaco taking interim for the rest of the year.

If you are right on this prediction I'll be happy.  I was always in favor of giving Riley three seasons, this is his team now and it doesn't look good.  

Any predictions on who the next AD and coach might be?  ;)

9 hours ago, FTW said:

Because I used to coach and I can see problems from a mile away. I mean, I said it would end up 31-17 or 38-20. Pretty damn spot on. I've predicted outcomes forever. 19-0 vs ASU 1996, loss to TX in the B12 title game, predicted undefeated 1997 season, 1998 loss to TX, 1999 loss to TX. In 2001, I predicted a blowout loss to CU. I predicted many teams ahead of us would lose and NEB would sneak into the NC game. They did.

Call it ESP, whatever you want. I'm usually spot on with predictions. When MR was hired, I thought he'd be lucky to get 4 years. Here we are year 3 calling for his head and for good reason. I mentioned our current DL being a weakness and being pushed around all season by lesser opponents and Wisconsin took advantage of this. All night long, our DL was blown off the ball 3-4 yards from the LOS.

Nobody is preemptively "bitching" it's because I've seen results and I don't expect Riley and his staff to get any better. This team is BAD. I've simply stated facts and from what I've evaluated over in film. Our defense got manhandled, our offense is inept and there is nothing special about our special teams except for maybe Lightbourn. We have no team speed on both sides of the ball. A new HC is gonna need 2-3 years of recruiting the best OL and DL he can find and may need to recruit heavy JUCO to fix it quickly.

Now this week all we can hope for is OSU doesn't run up the score. I'm thinking this game will get out of hand quickly either that or Riley pulls off his yearly unexpected upset. I don't see that happening. They're gonna whip us 56-13 and MR will be fired during the BYE week with Diaco taking interim for the rest of the year.

We know how this movie is going to end, man. We've seen it before and here's it's sequel 10 years later. I'm a huge Husker fan but I'm in the same boat as former players. It's BS to think Nebraska can't do better or be better than what we've seen for 15+ years. We just need the right leaders in place AD/HC to reinstall our identity which as Matt Davison says, our refusal to lose.

There is so much apathy towards this program and that has to change quickly before it's too late to even rise from the ashes. 

That's just impressive.