Potential HC candidates not named Frost

7 hours ago, Red_Payne said:

He's a SB winning coach; and has coached on some really good defensive staffs. Wouldn't be my first pick, but certainly not a horrible coach to consider

John Fox never won a Super Bowl.  He lost his two appearances (one with Panthers, one with Broncos).  The Broncos Super Bowl winning team was coached by Gary Kubiak.

I don't want an old, retread coach, especially one from the NFL.

Just now, Warrior said:

I like the idea of Reilly as AD.  Smooth transition out for him.

Then look at these guys for HC

Frost

Aranda (LSU guys will be looking)

Canada

Neal Brown 

Riley as an AD is a terrible idea.  I don't care how nice he is, he has had to replace over half of his coaching staff since coming to NU.  I don't have much faith in hiring coaches, and he would most likely hire a football coach that is similar to him, which I don't want.

I want an AD who has been an AD before, and he/she can hire his/her own coach.

• Plus1 2

I'm of the opinion that Nebraska definitely needs a HC with experience should Riley get shown the door.  That being said, IF (and that's a big if) they decide to go the coordinator route, if you tell me that Nebraska is rolling out a Dave Aranda HC/Matt Canada OC combo I'm not going to totally hate the idea by any means.

31 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I like the idea of Reilly as AD.  Smooth transition out for him.

Then look at these guys for HC

Frost

Aranda (LSU guys will be looking)

Canada

Neal Brown 

Look, I understand that he got cut by the Bills, but I don't think Brandon Reilly's gonna give up on his NFL aspirations right now just to come back and be AD. 

• Plus1 6

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

John Fox never won a Super Bowl.  He lost his two appearances (one with Panthers, one with Broncos).  The Broncos Super Bowl winning team was coached by Gary Kubiak.

I don't want an old, retread coach, especially one from the NFL.

You're right. I concede. No Fox, lol

SC_gif.gif

16 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Why, though... I have only seen a couple Det. games (My uncle/neighbor is from Michigan, so he comes over to watch the game since I have Sunday Tic). They seem to be functional on offense.

"Seems to be functional on offense" hopefully isn't at the top of his resume. 

Frost is the guy, this thread is so irrelevant. Like if we were in court I would object to this all day long on relevancy grounds. 

Points. John fox did not win a super bowl in Denver, lol, Von Miller and the rest of the Bronco D did.

Point 2. Whoever recommenced Josh McDHole, are you for real? who in their right mind drafts Tim Tebow in the first round?

Point 3. Nebraska has an identity, we are a smash mouth football school that cannot recruit five star kids at will. But what we have here is a recipe for success that unfortunately AD's have shoved in the back of the kitchen cabinet. Look at how bad Michigan was until Harbaugh came home. Nebraska is a sleeping power house that is waiting for the right chief to come in and put all the ingredients together.  Frost knows what it takes to win in Lincoln.  

My biggest issue with what has been going on for the last fifteen years is that we have had leadership who willfully choses to be blind to the fact that we have an identity. Steve pederson hired a west coast coach, that did not work, then shawn eichman comes in and hires a west coast coach. It was as if Eichorst had no clue that the west coast experiment already failed here.

Nebraska will not out recruit Ohio State, or Michigan. But we can run a niche system that utilizes the talent to the best of its ability. Every now and then we will get a phenomonal QB and he will take us to the promise land.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Riley as an AD is a terrible idea.  I don't care how nice he is, he has had to replace over half of his coaching staff since coming to NU.  I don't have much faith in hiring coaches, and he would most likely hire a football coach that is similar to him, which I don't want.

I want an AD who has been an AD before, and he/she can hire his/her own coach.

I don't think previous experience as an AD is a must.  The last guy had experience you saw how well that worked out.