***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well, as I said before the game, I had a strange, inexplicalbe 'good' vibe about the game tonight, but frankly, I am more concerned now at half time, than before the game.  I know it seems many on here feel fairly positive.  I only listen to the games and can't watch as no TV available.  But, to me, we are really struggling to hold back the avalanche.  Very concerned,  We need to get a 3 and out to start the third and at some point we've got to get a turnover.   We don't win if we lose the turnover battle.   We are going to have to find a way to slow their power run game or it will get wicked in the third and fourth.   We will live by the pass and then die by the pass in second half.  They will apply more pressure and we will be punting.  

Somehow need to make some adjustments on defense and get more control of line of scrimmage defensively.  Wiscy has HUGE O line and pushing us hard.   

100% correct 

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Excuse me? It's stupid to say that Ozigbo could have had a TD on that second-to-last play in the half if he wasn't tripped up there and went out of bounds?

Yes. You either take the attempt from there or you throw it so the catch is a TD or incomplete with time remaining. You don't throw short for a negligible gain. 

FIRST HALF IMPRESSIONS:

• These alternate uniforms have been Nebraska's best. Clean. Classy, but different with the mesh numbers.  Would love to see them use these again.
  • This Wisconsin team is beatable.
  • Nebraska coaches need to Manage. The. Momentum. *cough* Danny Langdsdorf. *cough* Stop passing on 3rd and short. Let your big boys plow the road!
  • Pass protection has been decent.
  • Tanner Lee has definitely improved, and is more comfortable then he was Week 1.

Things I'd like to see in the 2nd half:

1. Get the running game going. Ozigbo is seeing the holes tonight, and running with an attitude. Keep bashing on those linebackers.
  2. Wisconsin is too fast I think to utilitze our screen game. I would suggest using a few bootleg passes.
  3. Crowd has been great! Time to kick it up another notch!
1 minute ago, brophog said:

Yes. You either take the attempt from there or you throw it so the catch is a TD or incomplete with time remaining. You don't throw short for a negligible gain. 

I agreed that not kicking was ill-advised.

But I don't think it's stupid to think Ozigbo would have housed that ball if he didn't get tripped up. I guess I just think more of Ozigbo's capability and prowess? :dunno

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

Only thing is that you figure Ozigbo makes the catch, he will likely score as the defense will be defending the endzone.  

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

I agreed that not kicking was ill-advised.

But I don't think it's stupid to think Ozigbo would have housed that ball if he didn't get tripped up. I guess I just think more of Ozigbo's capability and prowess? :dunno

There was 2 defenders bearing down on ozig over top. He wouldn't have made it.