Something that scared me about the Wisconsin game

Typically after a loss to Wisconsin or any team for that matter, I get so mad that my whole weekend gets ruined.  I replay the game in my head and I just keep getting madder and madder, and the emotions from the game stay with me for days.  

After too many of these types of games over the years, that doesn't happen anymore.  I REALLY hate loosing to Wisconsin, probably more than any other team.  But after loosing to them again, season record at .500 again, probably loosing the West again, being embarrassed by their running game again, and seeing Riley be content with loosing again, after all that, I just don't care. I'm not mad, upset, or passionate.  I don't care.  And that scares me a lot.  

I love the Huskers, but years and years of disappointment, hearing that "We will be relevant again" and "Next year will be better", I'm just sick of it.

• Plus1 7

20 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Typically after a loss to Wisconsin or any team for that matter, I get so mad that my whole weekend gets ruined.  I replay the game in my head and I just keep getting madder and madder, and the emotions from the game stay with me for days.  

After too many of these types of games over the years, that doesn't happen anymore.  I REALLY hate loosing to Wisconsin, probably more than any other team.  But after loosing to them again, season record at .500 again, probably loosing the West again, being embarrassed by their running game again, and seeing Riley be content with loosing again, after all that, I just don't care. I'm not mad, upset, or passionate.  I don't care.  And that scares me a lot.  

I love the Huskers, but years and years of disappointment, hearing that "We will be relevant again" and "Next year will be better", I'm just sick of it.

Congratulations on finding some balance in your life so your weekend isn't ruined by 21 year old kids.

• Plus1 6

I'm sick and tired of everyone pissing and moaning because we suck so bad. There are positives if you choose to seek them out and watching the huskers is still very enjoyable. Being on this site has almost become insufferable. Everyone wants to win but I'm not going to be in a state of hysteria over losing because there isn't jack s#!t I can do about it. Yall can be mad and sick and tired all you want, I'll keep rooting for the greatest program in college football win lose or draw and I'll have a great time doing it. When we are back on top I'll be happy to say I never left. 

• Plus1 6
23 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm sick and tired of everyone pissing and moaning because we suck so bad. There are positives if you choose to seek them out and watching the huskers is still very enjoyable. Being on this site has almost become insufferable. Everyone wants to win but I'm not going to be in a state of hysteria over losing because there isn't jack s#!t I can do about it. Yall can be mad and sick and tired all you want, I'll keep rooting for the greatest program in college football win lose or draw and I'll have a great time doing it. When we are back on top I'll be happy to say I never left. 

My favorite post of the weekend and I agree.  In the last 15 years I have actually learned how to understand the game rather than just learned how to celebrate(in some pretty obnoxious fashions at that).  I'm much smarter for our struggle.

• Plus1 1

I love the people that take the holier than thou high road and say quite letting 21 year olds dictate your happiness / life, yet have gone through the time to register on this site and contribute. In some instances, these same individuals contribute / spend more time on the board than most. But don’t let that fact burst your excessive positivity bubble. 

• Plus1 6
33 minutes ago, fire mike said:

I love the people that take the holier than thou high road and say quite letting 21 year olds dictate your happiness / life, yet have gone through the time to register on this site and contribute. In some instances, these same individuals contribute / spend more time on the board than most. But don’t let that fact burst your excessive positivity bubble. 

Feel all better now?

Believe it or not, some people take the time register(all 30 seconds) and post for reasons other than venting perpetual anger. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, LaunchCode said:

Feel all better now?

Believe it or not, some people take the time register(all 30 seconds) and post for reasons other than venting perpetual anger. 

At the end of the day, people are still posting their emotions / thoughts on a message board and, amazingly, they might show their disdain. Just like others always try to knock people down or take the supposed “high road”, cause everything is sunshine and daisies 100% of the time. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedNebraskan said:

Ah, but you do care, or you wouldn't be sick of it.