What feels worse: Texas Jinx or Wisc Jinx

What Feels Worse - Texas Jinx or Wisc Jinx   

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Definitely Texas, because we were fewer years removed from the days of real success. Also because they were in the other conference division, so some of those losses came in conference title games.

We did of course get blown out by Wisconsin in a B1G title game before the conference realignment/division realignment, though.

But yeah, my answer is definitely Texas.

Texas is Texas folks.  They have the recruiting hotbed, money, power, facilities, and money!  They are no different than Ohio St and Michigan.  I voted Wisky.  We are getting beat by our own system, and that sucks worse than losing to Texas in my opinion.

I honestly only think that the 2009 conference title game had suspect officiating.  The other games were bad coaching decisions and players not showing up.  Sure, Texas losses were more fluky and down to the wire types, but man Wisky pounding us with our old system really irks me to a point of ridiculousness.  There are questionable calls in every game that I have ever watched.  I have always had a hard time pointing the finger directly at them..........not saying things don't appear fishy once and while, but just saying...........

• Plus1 2

In the last 5 losses to Wisconsin, how many 200 plus yard rushers have they had?   Two in one game and one at 408.  This week their leading rusher only had 250 yards.

So what's worse, losing games to Texas they should have/could have won or the better then average chance Wisconsin will stomp a new mud hole in the team.  Even when they've not had good rushing (by their standards) they have a better than average chance at beating Nebraska.

The easiest way for a Wisconsin running back to get to a thousand yards in a season is to start against Nebraska.

12 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

In the last 5 losses to Wisconsin, how many 200 plus yard rushers have they had?   Two in one game and one at 408.  This week their leading rusher only had 250 yards.

So what's worse, losing games to Texas they should have/could have won or the better then average chance Wisconsin will stomp a new mud hole in the team.  Even when they've not had good rushing (by their standards) they have a better than average chance at beating Nebraska.

The easiest way for a Wisconsin running back to get to a thousand yards in a season is to start against Nebraska.

Kudos.  Good points  We are what KSU and KU were to us in the 80's...........stat stuffers for Wisky backs.

Had to go with Texas because I hate them and have no respect for them. This Wisconsin run has been painful in a different way because they remind me of what this program used to be. But I can't hate them for it, I admire them for it even if I do hate it being this way. The old sooner magic losses are much the same way for me, I didn't like all those heartbreakers but I did respect their program. If we're going to lose I'd rather it was to a good team and to be able to see exactly why we lost on the field.

How about instead of making up our inability to beat a team on some sort of curse or jinx, we just get dadgum better at the stinking game? 

Solich curse, Texas Curse, and now Wiscy curse? You flipping kidding me? These aren't curses? These are the results of inept coaching staffs incapable of preparing their players for what it takes to win.

15 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Had to go with Texas because I hate them and have no respect for them. This Wisconsin run has been painful in a different way because they remind me of what this program used to be. But I can't hate them for it, I admire them for it even if I do hate it being this way. The old sooner magic losses are much the same way for me, I didn't like all those heartbreakers but I did respect their program. If we're going to lose I'd rather it was to a good team and to be able to see exactly why we lost on the field.

Good post. While I still think the Wisc situation feels worse for me because I view it through the lens of what 'we were',  I still have respect for Wisc like I did the sooners (still love to see them lose like they did to ISU on Saturday.  Living in Okla, one can get tired of the Sooner Arrogance - thus I'm a big Cowboy fan when it comes to Bedlam).  AD Barry did a great thing in modeling the Wisc team after what he learned under the BobFather at NU.  When a team looses sight of their identity like we have, one can expect a downward spiral.  Kind of like a business loosing sight of their mission. 

• Plus1 1