Just an opinion

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I'm not the only one.

There are 32+ threads currently open on this board about how bad we suck, how MR needs to go, Frost is the guy etc.  32.

You honestly think Mike Riley is going to lead the Huskers to a B1G Championship any time soon? Because that's the goal, right?

I'm not saying we 'suck.' Nebraska simply doesn't have a competitive football team, and most of us don't see anything changing under this coaching staff. We will never be competitive with these guys calling the shots, simple as that. 

• Plus1 1

I'm not the only one.

There are 32+ threads currently open on this board about how bad we suck, how MR needs to go, Frost is the guy etc.  32.

We do suck, Mike Riley does need to go.

You make it out like Riley's had some moderate amount of success and we're responding to one loss. He went 5-7 in year 1, 9-3 in year 2, and from the looks of things is going to go 3-9 in year 3 (with embarrassing losses to Oregon/NIU and yet another loss to Wisconsin). If it impacts recruiting, it impacts recruiting. It sucks, but we'll recover. 

What we won't recover from is another season with Riley at the helm.

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, Branno said:

We do suck, Mike Riley does need to go.

You make it out like Riley's had some moderate amount of success and we're responding to one loss. He went 5-7 in year 1, 9-3 in year 2, and from the looks of things is going to go 3-9 in year 3 (with embarrassing losses to Oregon/NIU and yet another loss to Wisconsin). If it impacts recruiting, it impacts recruiting. It sucks, but we'll recover. 

What we won't recover from is another season with Riley at the helm.

What is incredulous is that there are people who still think this is wrong.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

You'd need to define "soon".  I honestly think he will lead us there faster than a new coach that comes in changes things again.  The clock start fresh w/a new coach and coaching staff.  

And you can say "you" don't see things changing.  Saying "most" just isn't true.

well truth can only be determined by...........wait for it ..........A POLL

So what is the question?

Will Riley change for the better if we keep him? Yes or No

or Bringing in a new head coach would be better than keeping Riley? Yes or No

Other?

Excellent article (and comments section) that summarizes what a few of us have tried to say here.

http://www.eightlaces.com/nebraska-football-now-sees-truly-misses/

13 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

well truth can only be determined by...........wait for it ..........A POLL

So what is the question?

Will Riley change for the better if we keep him? Yes or No

or Bringing in a new head coach would be better than keeping Riley? Yes or No

Other?

God help us if one more person creates one more thread on this topic.

You'd need to define "soon".  I honestly think he will lead us there faster than a new coach that comes in changes things again.  The clock start fresh w/a new coach and coaching staff.  

And you can say "you" don't see things changing.  Saying "most" just isn't true.

What has Riley done to make you believe this nonsense?   He is what he is.  Everybody wanted to convince us that he was the incoming savior and if he could win .500 at OSU he could win 1.000 here.  They were wrong.  He's a .500 coach.  And yes, most of us see that now.  A lot of people saw it the minute he was hired.  

Nice guy, but sorry to say, he's just not a winning football coach.

• Plus1 5
4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Dude. There's like you and 1 other guy that don't want Riley replaced. Most of us want him gone, trust me.

• Plus1 1

Sometimes in life you have to take a chance and risk it, especially when the reward is high.  That is what we're looking at with Frost.  It was more risky to bring MR into the program when he was retirement age and coming off his worst seasons.  The reward was also a lot lower due to his age, we would have had to replace Riley fairly quickly even if he came in and won.  The risk with Frost is much lower and the reward is higher. With Frost you have the added benefit of him being a young guy who could get a lot of time, and stability is really needed in this program. It's a calculated risk I believe, and you have to know when to pull that trigger.  If we don't get him now we may not ever get him as he will probably get another job at another big program soon.   We're at the point where we really have nothing to lose, we're at the bottom.  Let's roll the dice, I like our odds with Scott.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Excellent article (and comments section) that summarizes what a few of us have tried to say here.

http://www.eightlaces.com/nebraska-football-now-sees-truly-misses/

God help us if one more person creates one more thread on this topic.

You linked an eight laces article and described it as “excellent”. 

I really don’t need to say anything else. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Frost Advisory said:

Sometimes in life you have to take a chance and risk it, especially when the reward is high.  That is what we're looking at with Frost.  It was more risky to bring MR into the program when he was retirement age and coming off his worst seasons.  The reward was also a lot lower due to his age, we would have had to replace Riley fairly quickly even if he came in and won.  The risk with Frost is much lower and the reward is higher. With Frost you have the added benefit of him being a young guy who could get a lot of time, and stability is really needed in this program. It's a calculated risk I believe, and you have to know when to pull that trigger.  If we don't get him now we may not ever get him as he will probably get another job at another big program soon.   We're at the point where we really have nothing to lose, we're at the bottom.  Let's roll the dice, I like our odds with Scott.

Should’ve brought in Frost from the beginning but the head office in Madison didn’t want the competition.

Time to clean house.