Racism - It's a real thing.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Educate me. Where's the pronoun banning law?

Well you can start by looking at the language Pelosi has deemed inappropriate.  Then you can take a gander at at all the Universities regulating that language.  

Lastly I never defended government banning books as your smear of me said.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well you can start by looking at the language Pelosi has deemed inappropriate.  Then you can take a gander at at all the Universities regulating that language.  

Saying something is inappropriate is a far cry from outlawing it.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So no, you can't actually find a pronoun banning law. Maybe just admit it was terribly inaccurate analogy.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

"Getting equally crazy on both sides" is an attempt to minimize/distract from government laws that ban books.

If you don't want to be seen as defending government book bans, then maybe don't jump in and attempt to redirect to something else. :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

So no, you can't actually find a pronoun banning law. Maybe just admit it was terribly inaccurate analogy.

"Getting equally crazy on both sides" is an attempt to minimize/distract from government laws that ban books.

If you don't want to be seen as defending government book bans, then maybe don't jump in and attempt to redirect to something else. :dunno

I’m glad you admit you falsely accused me of doing something I didn’t do.  :thumbs

Banning language on college campuses while not “A Law” it’s also not very bright.  I’ll stand by my analogy. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m glad you admit you falsely accused me of doing something I didn’t do.  :thumbs

Banning language on college campuses while not “A Law” it’s also not very bright.  I’ll stand by my analogy. 

I'll be far more concerned about actual book bans by the government while you try to brush it aside.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'll be far more concerned about actual book bans by the government while you try to brush it aside.

Well since I didn’t brush anything aside, actually called both sides crazy, I’ll assume your comprehension still sucks.  

BYW…what book was being banned?  The post I saw talked about language. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well since I didn’t brush anything aside, actually called both sides crazy, I’ll assume your comprehension still sucks.  

We all know how whataboutism and "both sides" works.

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

BYW…what book was being banned?  The post I saw talked about language. 

Yes, it's a ban of books that contain certain language.

Fortunately, Wisconsin's Dem governor will probably veto this bill, so unlikely to actually become law.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I learned all about the civil rights movement in high school, in the early 2000s. Only an idiot would be opposed to the teaching of the time period. Where I take issue with it, is when teaching about civil rights events, turns into commentary on how much you believe (opinion)  those injustices are still allegedly holding back black people today, despite them having every freedom white people enjoy. There's a huge difference in educating kids about the events of the civil rights movement, compared to providing commentary/opinions on the ramifications of the movement. Teach the latter, and let them do some critical thinking and come to their own conclusions. 

• Plus1 1