Racism - It's a real thing.

9 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Mental illness?!?!?!?????  For real??!!!  Dang I want to use that excuse should I ever decide to throw a tantrum and put my hands on someone in public.  

Also call me crazy but as much as his or anyone else's ethnicity doesn't mean squat to me other than a characteristic I might notice he doesn't look to be caucasian so...  Even the woman in the video says literally 'I don't know where this is coming from'.  

I'm willing to bet mental illness didn't have jack to do with her behavior although it wouldn't shock me in the least if this or some other ridiculous reason suddenly becomes her MO when it's her time to face the judge.

She seems unhinged to me...I dunno man...but you did post in the Racism thread.

I bet if you posted his pics, with no backstory, and asked for guesses, you'd get about 4-5 different opinions.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

She seems unhinged to me...I dunno man...but you did post in the Racism thread.

I bet if you posted his pics, with no backstory, and asked for guesses, you'd get about 4-5 different opinions.

Regardless sure she could have mental issues but that could be used as anyone's defense after they get caught acting like a Karen and having some some of meltdown caught on video.  

Who knows.  Maybe we'll hear from her therapist in court!

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Regardless sure she could have mental issues but that could be used as anyone's defense after they get caught acting like a Karen and having some some of meltdown caught on video.  

Who knows.  Maybe we'll hear from her therapist in court!

She definitely has issues. 

Hard to deal with people like that, regardless. Hope she gets what's coming to her.

57 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don’t know what WAPO says in its article because it’s behind a paywall, but the local version of the story doesn’t seem to match what Mr. Beard is saying.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/grapevine-colleyville-isd-school-board-to-vote-on-whitfields-future/2747298/%3famp

No judgement on whether he should be kept or fired from me.  Just interested in how different things are framed.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t know what WAPO says in its article because it’s behind a paywall, but the local version of the story doesn’t seem to match what Mr. Beard is saying.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/grapevine-colleyville-isd-school-board-to-vote-on-whitfields-future/2747298/%3famp

No judgement on whether he should be kept or fired from me.  Just interested in how different things are framed.  

The principal was in good standing until he was asked to take down online photos of him kissing his wife who is white. The photos were taken for their wedding anniversary over a decade ago. The principal refused to take down those photos, which is what led to his firing. Here's a sampling of the pictures, the one in the middle is the one that gets pointed to as being "a questionable pose for an educator":

05xp-principal-2-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

There's nothing in those photos that warrant being taken down - this is a matter of people being uncomfortable with a black man with a white woman.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The principal was in good standing until he was asked to take down online photos of him kissing his wife who is white. The photos were taken for their wedding anniversary over a decade ago. The principal refused to take down those photos, which is what led to his firing. Here's a sampling of the pictures, the one in the middle is the one that gets pointed to as being "a questionable pose for an educator":

There's nothing in those photos that warrant being taken down - this is a matter of people being uncomfortable with a black man with a white woman.

Maybe everyone is jealous because he has a hot wife.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

19 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The article said he was fired for something else though?  Again I have no opinion .

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

He was fired for insubordination - the insubordination being that he refused to take down the photos.

From The article I posted earlier:

The allegations include deleting emails as a public record, insubordination, failing to cooperate with an internal investigation and being dishonest with the media.

The district cited multiple meetings with Whitfield's bosses to address the subjects.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

From The article I posted earlier:

The allegations include deleting emails as a public record, insubordination, failing to cooperate with an internal investigation and being dishonest with the media.

The district cited multiple meetings with Whitfield's bosses to address the subjects.

Yes, those were allegations that came later and are clearly trying to drum up reasons for firing him IMO. You can watch the board meeting on youtube where dozens of parents and students came to defend Whitfield and the evidence against him was so bad the crowd laughed at it.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, those were allegations that came later and are clearly trying to drum up reasons for firing him IMO. You can watch the board meeting on youtube where dozens of parents and students came to defend Whitfield and the evidence against him was so bad the crowd laughed at it.

I hope the gentlemen gets his fair shake and due recourse if the firing was unjust.  Getting fired for just those pictures would be outrageous. 

• Plus1 1