Racism - It's a real thing.

I'm inclined to agree that is a massive nothingburger of an issue.

I would be curious to see polling of different people groups to actually see if the claim of "many associate it with slavery" is accurate or not. Could be true and outside my awareness, or it could be another 'Latinx' thing completely imagined and removed from the cares of the people it's claiming to help.

• Plus1 1
On 8/6/2021 at 12:59 PM, commando said:

odds that tucker admits it was fake news he was spreading?    zero

In the heat of last summer's BLM protests, Tucker Carlson aired a short clip with zero vetting and no context that showed a white woman kneeling before a black man and submitting to his demand that she apologize for everything white people have done to black people.

Fox couldn't have a more perfect clip for Fox's purposes if they'd filmed it themselves.

Ahem. 

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is one of those many instances where the racism card gets played and not warranted.  Good on Whitlock for calling the race hustler Crump out.   Crump could do better to find the actual racism where it exists, not this. 

Similar to the 1926 rock at Wisconsin I posted in Biden's America 

As far as I know, there's no hard evidence to link the term "master bedroom" to plantation life and slavery. It's usually first documented as having appeared in some Sears marketing catalog in the early 20th century IIRC. The phrase largely just makes some people think of slavery.

IMO, that's not a good enough justification to try to cancel or remove it from common phrasing, or even try to spend time and energy on it.

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, Enhance said:

As far as I know, there's no hard evidence to link the term "master bedroom" to plantation life and slavery. It's usually first documented as having appeared in some Sears marketing catalog in the early 20th century IIRC. The phrase largely just makes some people think of slavery.

IMO, that's not a good enough justification to try to cancel or remove it from common phrasing, or even try to spend time and energy on it.

This is an example of something that is so frustrating in the racism conversation.  Pick your battles and fight against actual racism instead of nit picking every aspect of life which includes stuff that isn't even racist.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is an example of something that is so frustrating in the racism conversation.  Pick your battles and fight against actual racism instead of nit picking every aspect of life which includes stuff that isn't even racist.

Waiting for all the crazy leftist liberals the P&R section is known for to stand behind this Crump guy…

I might be waiting a while.

• Plus1 2

Here's another example of trying to make something racist that isn't.

It friggen doesn't have anything to do with the race of people, it has to do with the type of food you're cooking and where to find something.  If I'm making Kung Pao Beef, I know to go to a certain spot in the store and a lot of the asian ingredients I need will be there.  If I need fish sauce, I know I'm not going to go to the Mexican FOOD isle.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's another example of trying to make something racist that isn't.

It friggen doesn't have anything to do with the race of people, it has to do with the type of food you're cooking and where to find something.  If I'm making Kung Pao Beef, I know to go to a certain spot in the store and a lot of the asian ingredients I need will be there.  If I need fish sauce, I know I'm not going to go to the Mexican FOOD isle.

:facepalm:

I think “blending” the foods would be more racist.  Hear me out…

To me this implies that Asian Americans, Hispanic, Italians, etc are being singled out as “ethnic” and they want them to be the same as everyone else.  Doesn’t that mean the author of the article is assuming people with ancestry to these areas eat that type of food?

Isn’t it racist to assume Gary (5th generation Asian American) wants to be able to find his egg noodles next to the hotdog buns?  Maybe Gary hates Chinese food…?

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think “blending” the foods would be more racist.  Hear me out…

To me this implies that Asian Americans, Hispanic, Italians, etc are being singled out as “ethnic” and they want them to be the same as everyone else.  Doesn’t that mean the author of the article is assuming people with ancestry to these areas eat that type of food?

Isn’t it racist to assume Gary (5th generation Asian American) wants to be able to find his egg noodles next to the hotdog buns?  Maybe Gary hates Chinese food…?

what ever happened to celebrating different cultures and the melting pot?

• Plus1 1