Racism - It's a real thing.

This country is a lot more racist than a lot people want to believe.

Less racist than others want to believe.

Racism isn't an excuse for every personal shortcoming of a person of color.

And some white people are opportunists, ginning up the stakes to sell race theories to other white people.

It's complicated, and we don't do complicated well.

But the fact remains that this country is a lot more racist than a lot of people want to believe. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This country is a lot more racist than a lot people want to believe.

Less racist than others want to believe.

Racism isn't an excuse for every personal shortcoming of a person of color.

And some white people are opportunists, ginning up the stakes to sell race theories to other white people.

It's complicated, and we don't do complicated well.

But the fact remains that this country is a lot more racist than a lot of people want to believe. 

I would agree with much of this if your talking about individuals.  Systemically I don’t agree

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would agree with much of this if your talking about individuals.  Systemically I don’t agree

Well the systemic part is the part we can address. It most definitely exists, backed by reams of statistics. FWIW, it's not just an American thing. It's a human thing. 

Like I said, it's a lot worse than some people want to believe. 

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then you would be wrong.

Not really.  If people need to believe America is racist in order to get through their days grievances then that’s on them.  Most people work hard obey the law and have no issues.  Sorry you fall into the first group it seems. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not really.  If people need to believe America is racist in order to get through their days grievances then that’s on them.  Most people work hard obey the law and have no issues.  Sorry you fall into the first group it seems. 

Then you really don't understand systemic racism.  Sorry, you fall into that group.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1