Racism - It's a real thing.

37 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not gonna sit here and play a lyric game with you, mainly because I'd get banned if I started posting rap lyrics. Yeah, there's a difference between having sex with your significant other, while having a few beers, compared to the sexual assault, degrading lyrics you'll find in rap music.

This is just a moronic argument to have. The misogynistic lyrics found in country music and rap music aren't in anywhere near the same universe.

It's the same f#&%ing music dude! Exact same stories and same experiences with different back drops. Open you eyes. As enhance so eloquently said your tone deaf.

I’m a thoroughbred. That’s what she said, in the back of my truck bed. As I was gettin’ buzzed on suds, out on some back country road. We were flying high, dining, wine, having ourselves a big and rich time, and I was going just about as far as she’d let me go.

I'm gonna wear my flip-flops and
I'm gonna play some flip-cup and
Rock a little bit of hip-hop and Haggard and Jagger
And throw a twenty on a corn hole game
If I'm lucky yeah I might get laid

The way that it's going, that keg gon' be floating

Girl you know you're the life of my party
You can stay and keep sippin' Bacardi
Stir it up as we turn on some Marley
If you want you can pet on my Harley
I'll sit you up on a kitchen sink
And stick the pink umbrella in your drink
The way that we're feeling we gone by this evening

I was 15 going on 20 when i met up with the soul man he was quite a lover of the cards and of the dice and he had whores and he had ladies he made love and he made babies he could tell some damn good stories and give some good advise

You gotta learn how ta pick em son learn how ta lick em son learn how to stick em son between the thighs and you got to try not to beat em too much try not to teach em too much try not to feed em to much bull s#!t and lies

This David Allan Coe song gets waaaay worse lol

Sure sounds like a significant others...

The funnest part of all is that more urban white kids and small town white kids always have Drake, The Weekend, or whatever hip hop artist blasting too.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Why would it autocorrect role models?  Were you trying to spell it as one word?  (I ducking do that with nevermind)

My phone blows. It will auto completes randomly or sometimes changes whole words after I type the right word out. Other times it types random garabge. I think it's possessed.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's the same f#&%ing music dude! Exact same stories and same experiences with different back drops. Open you eyes. As enhance so eloquently said your tone deaf.

This David Allan Coe song gets waaaay worse lol

Sure sounds like a significant others...

The funnest part of all is that more urban white kids and small town white kids always have Drake, The Weekend, or whatever hip hop artist blasting too.

I knew you'd get around to David Allan Coe because he is a complete outlier and we both know it lol.

It is nowhere near the same music and we both know that to.

Dr. Dre, one of the most famous rappers ever, literally had a some that started out like this... B****** ain't sh*t but h*es and tricks, lick on these n*ts and suck the d**k. That alone is quite a bit worse than drinking on a back road hoping to get laid. It's main stream in rap music! Go find me the country music songs that celebrate forcing women to sell their bodies on the street and bring the money back to their P.I.M.P. That behavior is celebrated, and fantasized in rap music, routinely. And you went to David Allan Coe, like I knew you would lol. The difference being that Coe is an outlier, while degrading women, drug use, and murder are routinely the theme of rap music. 

This is a hilarious conversation.... Lol

And words matter! Imagine how you'd feel in these two exchanges:

You mom is finishing up dinner, your dad walks up to her, puts his arms around her and whispers something in her ear about what they're going to do that night in the bedroom. Maybe he gets her a little slap on the butt. He smiles, she giggles.....

That's misogyny in country music.

And now this.....

Your mom is finishing up the dishes after dinner, your dad walks in, throws his half eaten plate of food at your mom, calls her a sl*t, punches her in the face, and demands she gets him off in the kitchen immediately.... That's misogyny in rap music.

But, hey. I guess they both just had sex with their wives in the end, right!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
29 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I knew you'd get around to David Allan Coe because he is a complete outlier and we both know it lol.

It is nowhere near the same music and we both know that to.

Dr. Dre, one of the most famous rappers ever, literally had a some that started out like this... B****** ain't sh*t but h*es and tricks, lick on these n*ts and suck the d**k. That alone is quite a bit worse than drinking on a back road hoping to get laid. It's main stream in rap music! Go find me the country music songs that celebrate forcing women to sell their bodies on the street and bring the money back to their P.I.M.P. That behavior is celebrated, and fantasized in rap music, routinely. And you went to David Allan Coe, like I knew you would lol. The difference being that Coe is an outlier, while degrading women, drug use, and murder are routinely the theme of rap music. 

This is a hilarious conversation.... Lol

And words matter! Imagine how you'd feel in these two exchanges:

You mom is finishing up dinner, your dad walks up to her, puts his arms around her and whispers something in her ear about what they're going to do that night in the bedroom. Maybe he gets her a little slap on the butt. He smiles, she giggles.....

And now this.....

Your mom is finishing up the dishes after dinner, your dad walks in, throws his half eaten plate of food at your mom, calls her a sl*t, punches her in the face, and demands she gets him off in the kitchen immediately.... That's misogyny in rap music.

But, hey. I guess they both just had sex with their wives in the end, right!

ahhh, yeah, I remember singing that one at our 5th grade musical.  We cleaned it up a bit but the meaning got across. 

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

And now this.....

How much rap do you listen to?

It's a pretty simple test. 

Would you rather be black or white in this country?

It would be the same you. Same personality, same experience, same values. But when you go out in the world you have black skin.

Do you think you will be treated the same? 

• Plus1 1