Racism - It's a real thing.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you can't tell me.  Is it just that you read it somewhere that anyone associated with CRT is racist and so you're repeating it?

I’m asking you to read up on it.  You disagree with virtually everything I say just cause it comes from me so read up and see for yourself.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m asking you to read up on it.  You disagree with virtually everything I say just cause it comes from me so read up and see for yourself.  

We've read it. Why is it racist?

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No I don’t.  

And, you assume I haven’t read on it.  

You are the one that said everyone associated with it is racist.  All I asked is Why?  I didn’t disagree with you. Just want your reasoning.  That’s typically how conversations go.  

if you don’t have a good reason that you can articulate, that’s fine.  

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We've read it. Why is it racist?

I’m pretty sure “we’ve” haven’t.  Maybe you have, others..ehhh probably not so much. 

My views on the subject at hand

1). It basically teaches the country is racist as a whole and racism is everywhere.  Fundamentally untrue and racist in itself.  
2) Interest-Convergence is again a racist thought process.  Most white people treat any minority with respect and thoughtfulness even if there are no gaining interests at hand. 
3) CRT kinda gets the point across that a free society is a conspiracy way to keep minorities down and wants an society arranged on the CRT’s founders ideas

4). Everyone has to belong to a social construct instead of just being an individual.  CRT sees people as a racial group instead of all equal based on their own merits. Helps promote racism again.

5). CRT seems to me to be anti-science in its thesis, assuming their are racial undertones in how people are taught. 
Summing things up, CRT basically teaches that white people are oppressors and minorities are the oppressed regardless of the societal situation people in those groups reside in.  

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m pretty sure “we’ve” haven’t.  Maybe you have, others..ehhh probably not so much. 

My views on the subject at hand

1). It basically teaches the country is racist as a whole and racism is everywhere.  Fundamentally untrue and racist in itself.  
2) Interest-Convergence is again a racist thought process.  Most white people treat any minority with respect and thoughtfulness even if there are no gaining interests at hand. 
3) CRT kinda gets the point across that a free society is a conspiracy way to keep minorities down and wants an society arranged on the CRT’s founders ideas

4). Everyone has to belong to a social construct instead of just being an individual.  CRT sees people as a racial group instead of all equal based on their own merits. Helps promote racism again.

5). CRT seems to me to be anti-science in its thesis, assuming their are racial undertones in how people are taught. 
Summing things up, CRT basically teaches that white people are oppressors and minorities are the oppressed regardless of the societal situation people in those groups reside in.  

What's interesting it that you seem to know EXACTLY what it is.  When some of the articles that aren't wacko in one way or anther, flat out say that CRT is very difficult to define and explain exactly what it is.  Actually, that simple fact is a major part of the debate right now.

From @knapplc article above.

Just what is critical race theory anyway?

Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that racism is a social construct, and that it is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.

The basic tenets of critical race theory, or CRT, emerged out of a framework for legal analysis in the late 1970s and early 1980s created by legal scholars Derrick Bell, Kimberlé Crenshaw, and Richard Delgado, among others.

A good example is when, in the 1930s, government officials literally drew lines around areas deemed poor financial risks, often explicitly due to the racial composition of inhabitants. Banks subsequently refused to offer mortgages to Black people in those areas.

Today, those same patterns of discrimination live on through facially race-blind policies, like single-family zoning that prevents the building of affordable housing in advantaged, majority-white neighborhoods and, thus, stymies racial desegregation efforts.

CRT also has ties to other intellectual currents, including the work of sociologists and literary theorists who studied links between political power, social organization, and language. And its ideas have since informed other fields, like the humanities, the social sciences, and teacher education.

This academic understanding of critical race theory differs from representation in recent popular books and, especially, from its portrayal by critics—often, though not exclusively, conservative Republicans. Critics charge that the theory leads to negative dynamics, such as a focus on group identity over universal, shared traits; divides people into “oppressed” and “oppressor” groups; and urges intolerance.

Thus, there is a good deal of confusion over what CRT means, as well as its relationship to other terms, like “anti-racism” and “social justice,” with which it is often conflated.

To an extent, the term “critical race theory” is now cited as the basis of all diversity and inclusion efforts regardless of how much it’s actually informed those programs.

One conservative organization, the Heritage Foundation, recently attributed a whole host of issues to CRT, including the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests, LGBTQ clubs in schools, diversity training in federal agencies and organizations, California’s recent ethnic studies model curriculum, the free-speech debate on college campuses, and alternatives to exclusionary discipline—such as the Promise program in Broward County, Fla., that some parents blame for the Parkland school shootings. “When followed to its logical conclusion, CRT is destructive and rejects the fundamental ideas on which our constitutional republic is based,” the organization claimed.

(A good parallel here is how popular ideas of the common core learning standards grew to encompass far more than what those standards said on paper.)

PS.....it's also interesting that when I simply asked "why?" you went into a diatribe of victimhood.  Meanwhile, @ZRod simply asks "why is it racist?" and you actually answered.  

• Plus1 3

We did some work with CRT this year, we read a book and discussed the topics, this is not really all that new, just some of the terminology has been changed.  It really is more about awareness and a little self-loathing that is mixed, you are really supposed to look deep and criticize yourself but I don't think it is meant to be negative (for some it might be) but more reflective.  

If you are a normal everyday person, it is pretty interesting.

• Plus1 1