Racism - It's a real thing.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. You're one to talk.

The so called "plights" of white people are routinely mocked by liberals and across most media platforms. Usually while throwing their alleged "white privilege" in their face. I'm consistent on accountability. It applies to blacks, whites and everyone in between. Poverty doesn't excuse drug use, or any other crime.

You're consistent, but your not. You always only seem to have a problem, or only point out the problems, with one group.

There is no such thing as white plight. It's demonstrably better to be white in this country by almost every single statistic. Of course there are problems in predominantly white communities; but unless we're talking about a specific groups like Irish, Polish, Jewish, etc. those problems don't exists as a direct result of racism and civil injustices that are less 15, 20, 30, 40 years old.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So young people aren't heavily influenced by the environment created by the adults around them. Got it. We should probably alert every psychologist ever.

What was it you were saying about idiotic notions?

When's the last time you brought up alcoholism, drug use, or misogyny in country music? Because if I remember right you pointed out some things about rap/hip-hop in the past (which is actually a multicultural genre, but that's another topic) and country music is full of it too.

Never heard you say anything about a white NBA player's opinions...

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

You're consistent, but your not. You always only seem to have a problem, or only point out the problems, with one group.

There is no such thing as white plight. It's demonstrably better to be white in this country by almost every single statistic. Of course there are problems in predominantly white communities; but unless we're talking about a specific groups like Irish, Polish, Jewish, etc. those problems don't exists as a direct result of racism and civil injustices that are less 15, 20, 30, 40 years old.

Again, it's because excuses/defenses are made for one group. If you start a thread about how drug problems in rural white communities are someone else's fault besides their own, I'll argue against it as well.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

When's the last time you brought up alcoholism, drug use, or misogyny in country music? Because if I remember right you pointed out some things about rap/hip-hop in the past (which is actually a multicultural genre, but that's another topic) and country music is full of it too.

Never heard you say anything about a white NBA player's opinions...

Lol. Country music misogyny might as well be a nursery rhyme compared to rap music. You're *actually* trying to equate those two genres from that perspective? Are you high?

Are white NBA players allowed to voice their opinions if they don't toe the company's racial line?

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Again, it's because excuses/defenses are made for one group. If you start a thread about how drug problems in rural white communities are someone else's fault besides their own, I'll argue against it as well.

Because nobody made laws specifically against white people 50 years ago!!!!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The exact issues you're harping on black people for are prevalent in impoverished minority groups nationwide and worldwide. No rational person makes this a "black" person thing. They just happen to be one of the groups most impacted.

America has spent hundreds of years dunking on black people, even after slavery ended. It is remarkably tone deaf to make this a them problem (or make it seem like they're the only ones making excuses for it) when our country fostered the predicament in the first place.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. Country music misogyny might as well be a nursery rhyme compared to rap music. You're *actually* trying to equate those two genres from that perspective? Are you high?

Are white NBA players allowed to voice their opinions if they don't toe the company's racial line?

Uh, uh
I got that real good, feel good stuff
Up under the seat of my big black jacked up truck
Rollin' on thirty-fives
Pretty girl by my side
You got that sun tan skirt and boots
Waitin' on you to look my way and scoot
Your little hot self over here
Girl, hand me another beer, yeah
All them other boys wanna wine you up and take you downtown
But you look like the kind that likes to take it way out
Out where the corn rows grow, row, row my boat
Floatin' down the Flint River
Catch us up a little catfish dinner
Gonna sound like a winner
When I lay you down and love you right
Yeah, that's my kind of night
(Oh)
Might sit down on my diamond plate tailgate
Put in my country-rock hip-hop mixtape
Little Conway, a little T-Pain
Might just make it rain (make it rain)
You can hang your T-shirt on a limb
Hit that bank and we can ease on in
Soak us up a little moonlight
You know I know what you like, yeah

Yeah
Yeah
Yeah
Your man on the road, he doin' promo
You said, "Keep our business on the low-low"
I'm just tryna get you out the friend zone
'Cause you look even better than the photos
I can't find your house, send me the info
Drivin' through the gated residential
Found out I was comin', sent your friends home
Keep on tryna hide it, but your friends know
I only call you when it's half-past five
The only time that I'll be by your side
I only love it when you touch me, not feel me
When I'm f#&%ed up, that's the real me
When I'm f#&%ed up, that's the real me, yeah
I only call you when it's half-past five
The only time I'd ever call you mine
I only love it when you touch me, not feel me
When I'm f#&%ed up, that's the real me
When I'm f#&%ed up, that's the real me, babe
I'ma let you know and keep it simple
Tryna keep it up don't seem so simple
I just f#&%ed two b!^@hes 'fore I saw you
And you gon' have to do it at my tempo
Always tryna send me off to rehab
Drugs started feelin' like it's decaf
I'm just tryna live life for the moment
And all these motherf#&%ers want a relapse

I guess because one explicitly says f#&% and talks about drugs instead of alcohol it's way worse even though the woman is clearly an object in the other.

I picked out a pop country song I know and like, or you actually want me to pull out the f#&%ed up country music?

Tell you what. Wanna just do rock instead of country since it's dominanted by white dudes too?

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The exact issues you're harping on black people for are prevalent in impoverished minority groups nationwide and worldwide. No rational person makes this a "black" person thing. They just happen to be one of the groups most impacted.

America has spent hundreds of years dunking on black people, even after slavery ended. It is remarkably tone deaf to make this a them problem (or make it seem like they're the only ones making excuses for it) when our country fostered the predicament in the first place.

At some point personal responsibility has to kick in instead relying on the my grandparents and great grandparents did not have an equal opportunity to achieve the American Dream.  When does that excuse no longer apply and becomes up to the individual and their family to better the next generations economic standing?  

Same stuff applies to Appalachia, small town Ohio/PA, western KS, etc.  People need to figure it out that they want to be something in life instead of accepting some preconceived notion that there isn’t anything better for them in the world. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I guess because one explicitly says f#&% and talks about drugs instead of alcohol it's way worse even though the woman is clearly an object in the other.

I picked out a pop country song I know and like, or you actually want me to pull out the f#&%ed up country music?

I'm not gonna sit here and play a lyric game with you, mainly because I'd get banned if I started posting rap lyrics. Yeah, there's a difference between having sex with your significant other, while having a few beers, compared to the sexual assault, degrading lyrics you'll find in rap music.

This is just a moronic argument to have. The misogynistic lyrics found in country music and rap music aren't in anywhere near the same universe.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I haven't denied their predicament. I've only suggested that it doesn't excuse criminal behavior. Nothing about their situation makes them, or any race of poor people, make bad decisions. Despite their environment, making good decisions is always an available avenue. And despite the pass zrod is willing to give rap music, it definitely fantasizes that lifestyle.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

At some point personal responsibility has to kick in instead relying on the my grandparents and great grandparents did not have an equal opportunity to achieve the American Dream.  When does that excuse no longer apply and becomes up to the individual and their family to better the next generations economic standing?  

Same stuff applies to Appalachia, small town Ohio/PA, western KS, etc.  People need to figure it out that they want to be something in life instead of accepting some preconceived notion that there isn’t anything better for them in the world. 

Children of the Mountains...covers Appalachia, it is really something.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Children of the Mountains...covers Appalachia, it is really something.

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why haven't those white folk cashed in on that privilege?!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1