The debate is over... right?

Branno

On 10/17/2017 at 2:10 AM, Husker Q said:

Uncle Sam Drugs.jpg

i don't think this works. Riley has tolerated Cav and Langs too long, his heart wouldn't be in canning his buddies (Banker was not his true buddie).......he has condoned and accepted our mediocrity as the top guy. he has to go and a whole new staff needs to be allowed to come in and pick up the pieces. case in point, he would never have played Ozigbo unless the Tre got hurt. It appears he played him reluctantly and he has played well too........we have huge problems and they begin with the HC.

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

I have a feeling Penn State is going to have the same look and feel to it as the OSU game.  Except the crowd will stick around. 

Especially if Penn State is still in contention for a college football playoff spot.  Even if Penn State loses to Ohio State, they may want to stick it to Nebraska to keep their CFP rankings high, and they might be able to steal another spot for the Big Ten.

6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Does Riley get another year if we win out?  I think he does...  and I'm torn whether I like that or not.  

He probably keeps his job if he wins out, but that's very unlikely to happen. Based on the way this team is playing right now, anything greater than 5-6 wins would be remarkable.

2 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Yes, I think he does.  I think the tougher question is does he keep his job if he goes 4-1 or 3-2 the last five games.

4-1 would move a LOT of people back onto the Riley bandwagon.  I don't know if it would be enough - probably depends on how we look.

I don't think 3-2 would be enough. 

• Plus1 4
41 minutes ago, Enhance said:

He probably keeps his job if he wins out, but that's very unlikely to happen. Based on the way this team is playing right now, anything greater than 5-6 wins would be remarkable.

Here is what will happen if we win out:  First Eichorst will ride two flying pigs back in here to reclaim his job. And then the first sign of the apocalypse.