** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've been trying to point this out since Riley was hired - when all the "we're finally going to use the fullback again" partying was going on.  This is one of the biggest reasons that we've struggled to run the ball the last three years.

Husker Chalk Talk

Good read. He also recognized that the offense works with a QB that doesn't run as well as Marriota. He even included the same play that made me think the same.  

His first tier must be full of never coming here dream hires.

That Sipple article on the last page is exactly what is wrong with Nebraska and everything that DB was talking about on BRW the other night. Not the crap that was posted in the fans abuse thread. Basically if its not Frost, most of the fan base will not even give the new guy a chance just for the fact it was not Frost. The fact 50% said they wouldnt even take Mike Gundy over Frost. Wtf! This program will never get on the right track if everyone is always split. Just like DB said. 

Edited by Rike Miley
54 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

LSU, Florida and Auburn are not opening this year. 

I agree with LSU. I do not share your confidence with the other two. I'm not saying they will open. Or that Frost would necessarily pick those jobs over Nebraska. I just hope Auburn and Florida win enough games to keep from making a change. 

33 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

That Sipple article on the last page is exactly what is wrong with Nebraska and everything that DB was talking about on BRW the other night. Not the crap that was posted in the fans abuse thread. Basically if its not Frost, most of the fan base will not even give the new guy a chance just for the fact it was not Frost. The fact 50% said they wouldnt even take Mike Gundy over Frost. Wtf! This program will never get on the right track if everyone is always split. Just like DB said. 

Why would anyone want Mike Gundy over Frost?  Why would anyone think Gundy would leave his alma mater for Nebraska?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Why would anyone want Mike Gundy over Frost?  Why would anyone think Gundy would leave his alma mater for Nebraska?

Mike Gundy is a proven P5 coach. One of the better ones out there. I love the potential of Frost but it's a different animal having to play Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Wisconsin etc. Having to compete with Urban Meyer is a tall task.

Plenty of "hot" G5 coaches flame out when they get to the big time.

Gundy wouldn't leave either, I agree there. 

9 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Because Mike Gundy is a proven coach with a great record while Frost is still an unknown. Thats why. And nobody does think he will leave it was just a poll in the Sipple article that said 50% of the people would be unhappy if MG was hired over Frost. Which in my opinion is ridiculous. But im not a Frost or bust guy like you are.