What did we learn?....Northwestern

After the debacle against Ohio State, I cancelled my sports television package.  I figured I would listen to the games on the internet or radio.  Last week I listened to the Purdue game via Huskers.com.  This week, I didn't even bother listening at all.  I am done with Nebraska football this year.  I have no ill will towards Riley personally, but this team is a dumpster fire for all the reasons cited above.  I am beginning to think Mike Riley should be fired tonight or tomorrow.  I seriously do not think we can wait until the end of the season.  Nebraska is just plain awful in every aspect.

I learned I just won some money. (4th time this year 4 for 4 yeah!)

I learned that the team that scores the most points wins.

Over the last few years I learned this is just  a game and its no longer my life. 

I did find it funny / interesting when the opposing coach on field interview is basically dont fire Mike Riley that had my sides splitting. 

• Plus1 1

I learned that:

(1) I really really really LOATH RILEY AND HIS COACHES. 

(2) Our special team main goal is to not mess up rather than do something that is SPECIAL. Should change their name to Blah Team.

(3) We have NO RUN GAME.

(4) Our team probably enjoys losing games because they are addicted to the ice cream that Riley shoves down their throats.

(5) We really need to find a way to get out of playing Penn State and Iowa. I honestly think that we need the team to get a stomach virus that forces NCAA to call the games off and declare Iowa and Penn State winners. I simply can’t watch my team be embarrassed any more.

(6) Fire Riley now and replace him with fathead on the sideline, it will not change a thing at this point.

(7) our team plays with no fire, no swagger, and absolutely no respect for the husker brand.

(8) Team should not be allowed to do the tunnel walk until they earn that privilege. Have them come out from the bathroom straight to the field.

7 minutes ago, KazLong said:

I learned I just won some money. (4th time this year 4 for 4 yeah!)

I learned that the team that scores the most points wins.

Over the last few years I learned this is just  a game and its no longer my life. 

I did find it funny / interesting when the opposing coach on field interview is basically dont fire Mike Riley that had my sides splitting. 

Which opposing coach said that?  And yeah I can certainly understand why our opponents coaches would want NU to keep Mike Riley.  As long as he is here, it's an easy win for them.

• Plus1 2

- Maybe I’m just bitter, but NW isn’t very good. And I fully understand the obvious response of “well then what does that make Nebraska?”

- I’m far from a Riley apologist. My mind has basically been made up since the NIU game and I wasn’t going to give him another chance after Purdue, even if we miraculously won out. With that said, there are times (not often) when I really like what I’m seeing. The offense gets in rhythm and clicks beautifully and it’s a lot of fun to watch. The defense sometimes brings pressure and it’s fun to root for those guys when they’re making plays. But it’s beyond frustrating that we can’t put it all together, for several drives, all game long. It’s due too poor coaching, planning, preparation, and gamecalling and it’s unwatchable to anyone who is not a fan (and probably to a lot of us fans).

- To that point, I foolishly thought we were going to run away with this one a few different times.

- There are some holes in the roster that I’m really worried about going forward. Poor roster management and we should have gone after JUCOs from day 1.

• Plus1 2

I learned that Riley lovers are absent all of a sudden.  Hmmmm

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Which opposing coach said that?  And yeah I can certainly understand why our opponents coaches would want NU to keep Mike Riley.  As long as he is here, it's an easy win for them.

Fitz just did...not in so many words but basically it was what he said.  None of the Big Ten coaches want this dork fired...why would they?  It is easy pickings.  

I learned that Spielman destroyed his career by playing for a Mike Riley coached team. This kid is a Heisman caliber player who could do so much on a team with a good coach. Let us hope we can get Scott Frost to help this guy out. Spielman is hands down our best all around player and the one bright spot of the Riley dumpster fire.

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

The "no running plays in OT" was a kick in the gut...another kick in the gut.  I"m a simpleton, but I figure if you even average 2.6 yards per carry, in a four down situation, you come out with a TD more often than not.  Glad I'm not a coach I guess...their thinking is obviously way beyond mine.

Do you live close to Lincoln or would you be willing to take a temporary assignment away from home for a few weeks? I know a guy that knows a guy that might have a job for you.

16 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I thing Langs is awful, but I really think this is one of the best games he ever called.

No. He called two good plays - the key sweep to Spielman and the TD to Stoll. Other than that his offense scored 10 points. 

That's not good by any stretch.

• Plus1 1