Thoughts and Prayers!!!

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Clinton didn't get a bounce from that decision.

I highly doubt Trump gets a bounce from this one. Republicans have been saying 'THEY'RE COMIN' FER YER GUNS" my entire adult life.

Hasn't happened yet. We haven't even had meaningful gun control legislation for a couple decades.

The problem for Trump is he continues trying to squeeze his base instead of appealing to new voters. Eventually the juice runs out.

On the bolded, huh? Her polls numbers went down after that announcement.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Announcing investigations into presidential candidates shortly before the election this is not. I don't think those scenarios are equitable at all personally. The NRA isn't running for office

I'm not claiming this NRA stuff will have a similar negative affect on Biden. I am arguing against the logic that politics is irrelevant in these situations. Especially in current times.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If you don't want law enforcement sniffing around filing lawsuits against your organization, don't break the law. This isnt political and it shouldn't be made that way. NRA is a shady enterprise involved in criminal activity. 

And in absolutely no way does this have anything to do with the 2nd Amendment. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not claiming this NRA stuff will have a similar negative affect on Biden. I am arguing against the logic that politics is irrelevant in these situations. Especially in current times.

I'm talking about this situation in particular, nothing else. I do think politics are irrelevant when it comes to this specifc situation. If Republicans want to turn it into a political thing about guns they can get fact checked in real time as to what this is actually about. I'm tired of kotowing to these corrupt people because of the potential optics. They don't play that way, and frankly they win more because of it. They expect people to make decisions based of the politics of it so they do what they want and make bad faith rationalizations later. Enough of it. Hold these people accountable and screw the political consequences. I think we will find in the end this strategy will help more than it hurts. 

Edit: I love how I started off saying it was just about this one thing and then devolved into generalities :facepalm::laughpound

One thing I've noticed is those on the left (or those who would at least like to see them displace Trump) seem to have PTSD since 2016. A lot of us are shook to the point of being afraid of our own shadows and assume every new development that could halfway be construed as bad is evidence of us blowing it and is surely an unnecessary weapon to hand to Trump, a master muck-raker.

Except, let's take a look at the most recent example of Trump on the attack:

We need to stop being so afraid. He's completely out of gas trying to attack Biden. He's backed into making ridiculous, deeply dishonest, crazy-pants nonsense attacks like this against Biden.

They're so lazy and patently untrue that I expect him to make them in the debates and Biden to laugh in his face and ask him if he realizes how stupid and disconnected from reality he sounds.

I'm not saying the NRA thing can't blow up in our faces, but Trump is absolutely running on fumes trying to find lines of attack against Biden. A lot of people just don't give a s#!t what he says anymore and have written him off as a liar and a clown.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

One thing I've noticed is those on the left (or those who would at least like to see them displace Trump) seem to have PTSD since 2016. A lot of us are shook to the point of being afraid of our own shadows and assume every new development that could halfway be construed as bad is evidence of us blowing it and is surely an unnecessary weapon to hand to Trump, a master muck-raker.

We need to stop being so afraid. He's completely out of gas trying to attack Biden. He's backed into making ridiculous, deeply dishonest, crazy-pants nonsense attacks like this against Biden.

They're so lazy and patently untrue that I expect him to make them in the debates and Biden to laugh in his face and ask him if he realizes how stupid and disconnected from reality he sounds.

I'm not saying the NRA thing can't blow up in our faces, but Trump is absolutely running on fumes trying to find lines of attack against Biden. A lot of people just don't give a s#!t what he says anymore and have written him off as a liar and a clown.

Thank you for posting this. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people the 2020 election is not the 2016 election. The dynamics are vastly different. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm talking about this situation in particular, nothing else. I do think politics are irrelevant when it comes to this specifc situation. If Republicans want to turn it into a political thing about guns they can get fact checked in real time as to what this is actually about. I'm tired of kotowing to these corrupt people because of the potential optics. They don't play that way, and frankly they win more because of it. They expect people to make decisions based of the politics of it so they do what they want and make bad faith rationalizations later. Enough of it. Hold these people accountable and screw the political consequences. I think we will find in the end this strategy will help more than it hurts. 

Edit: I love how I started off saying it was just about this one thing and then devolved into generalities :facepalm::laughpound

I would say pretty much any other time in the history of the U.S. I would want them to go for it. Now I want them to wait until the end of November or January.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm not (too) afraid about Biden losing a fair election.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would say pretty much any other time in the history of the U.S. I would want them to go for it. Now I want them to wait until the end of November or January.

I understand that but my question is why? The NRA is a corrupt organization and any questions about the NRA directed at Joe Biden can be answered in that vein. Trying to paint this a second amendment issue won't be very successful imo so I'm not sure where the fear comes from. Should we just freeze in place until the election as to not upset anything? 

25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I understand that but my question is why? The NRA is a corrupt organization and any questions about the NRA directed at Joe Biden can be answered in that vein. Trying to paint this a second amendment issue won't be very successful imo so I'm not sure where the fear comes from. Should we just freeze in place until the election as to not upset anything? 

I don't want the right wing nutjobs and the police and feds who support them to be anymore riled up than they already will be when Trump loses and/or tries to stay in power. This is the closest our country has ever come to a coup so I would advise caution when trying to use the legal system to stop these people. We don't need this added thing about having their guns taken away. It's not relevant whether that's inaccurate.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't want the right wing nutjobs and the police and feds who support them to be anymore riled up than they already will be when Trump loses and/or tries to stay in power. This is the closest our country has ever come to a coup so I would advise caution when trying to use the legal system to stop these people. We don't need this added thing about having their guns taken away. It's not relevant whether that's inaccurate.

Ah I see so your fear is a little beyond political in my opinion. I'd say thats valid. My only retort would be I really don't think this NRA thing will affect that situation too much. Trump will stoke the flames any way he can whether the NRA is being pressed legally or not. Sure I guess this could just be more fuel, but honestly I don't think they have a fuel problem as far as that is concerned. 

21 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Bingo - good post Danny.     In the back of mind there is a nervousness that somehow, someway Biden will snatch defeat out of the hands of victory. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is pretty f#&%ing scary.

These Boogaloo asshats (look it up if you don't already know, they're psychos) are out there instigating violence and now apparently shooting people because they think it HELPS TRUMP. I've heard reports of other bad actor right-wing groups doing the same.

At this point, does Biden need to address this? Clearly it's not his fault but it's also clear Trump is trying to weaponize it against him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3