Thoughts and Prayers!!!

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I'm not disagreeing that those numbers and the 2 incidents this weekend are drastically different. But you don't even know what his intention was with the post, yet you're jumping to your own conclusion.

Here's his statement about his tweet and the backlash.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/neil-degrasse-tyson/tweetstorm/10157492889446613/

My point was he left it open for people to jump to conclusions by using a logical fallacy, using the word spectacle to describe the reaction to the shooting then providing no context. Honestly I think he made that statement to cover his a$$, not because thats how he feels. Im sorry but A) using logical fallacy in this way and B) using the phrase 'our emotions often respond to spectacle more than data' implies NBD, it just does. And regardless, it is a super stupid tweet from someone of his intelligence simply for the fact it is logical fallacy. He should have known how people would interpret that tweet because it is a classic right diversion tactic. I've seen the same thing used to justify immigration detention centers. So I'm not really sorry for jumping to conclusions because the conclusion is in the tweet. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

He can't even get the town right. And why is he sniffing so much? He looks terrible.

Probably looks bad because the last 48 hours have been hell?  

Also, he said the wrong place but that speech was nails.  Hit everything that needed to be said.  Condemned the correct people and groups and had ideas to help stop this s#!t and the best part...calling for quick and swift death for these a$$h@!es.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Also, he said the wrong place but that speech was nails.  Hit everything that needed to be said.  Condemned the correct people and groups and had ideas to help stop this s#!t and the best part...calling for quick and swift death for these a$$h@!es.  

Fine...other than taking blame for fanning the flames that cause this.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Probably looks bad because the last 48 hours have been hell?  

His words are completely hollow when he tweets or talks about the invasion and infestation nearly daily. He is a major part of the issue.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Swing and a miss.

Ummmm, it is a deterrent to people that are thinking about it but don't do it because they don't want to die?  

1 minute ago, QMany said:

... he's been golfing with Pat Perez and make appearances at weddings he's profiting from.

Maybe he got a cold on the course??

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ummmm, it is a deterrent to people that are thinking about it but don't do it because they don't want to die?  

Maybe he got a cold on the course??

Why the f#&% would you swiftly kill these people. They know full well they are going to die. If you want them to suffer keep them alive. If you want to learn what drives them, keep them alive and study them like the animals they are. An eye for an eye will not solve this problem.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Why the f#&% would you swiftly kill these people. They know full well they are going to die. If you want them to suffer keep them alive. If you want to learn what drives them, keep them alive and study them like the animals they are. An eye for an eye will not solve this problem.

Oh s#!t, I am 100% fine with that!  I would rather they be tortured and studied then just sit in a cage but in the end they should die a horrible death.

Just now, teachercd said:

Oh s#!t, I am 100% fine with that!  I would rather they be tortured and studied then just sit in a cage but in the end they should die a horrible death.

Actual physical violence begets violence, why do we need to torture and kill them? Throw them I  a cell, study them and let them not there. All you're ever going to do is further the problem when you inflict more violence.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Actual physical violence begets violence, why do we need to torture and kill them? Throw them I  a cell, study them and let them not there. All you're ever going to do is further the problem when you inflict more violence.

Hmmm...not if they are locked in a cell.  No one will even know they are being tortured and they are never getting out so it is a win-win situation. 

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Police kill them to end the threat.

I agree with you if you're talking about the death penalty.  Put them in a cell and forget about them.