Thoughts and Prayers!!!

49 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, the GOP and DNC are merely two sides of the same coin.  And that coin gets flipped by the government we don't see, don't elect and "don't know exists".

Electing stupid people is by design.  It gives us AOC type figures to mock or rally behind depending where you stand.

The justice democrats is everything American politics should be (everyday working people running for office and no corporate donations) and trying to get rid of what youre complaining about.  And then you call one of their candidates stupid.  Do you want govt. to work for everyone or do you not?

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Redux said:

No, the GOP and DNC are merely two sides of the same coin.  And that coin gets flipped by the government we don't see, don't elect and "don't know exists".

Electing stupid people is by design.  It gives us AOC type figures to mock or rally behind depending where you stand.

Dude, we know who funds them. Despite the s#!tty campaign finance laws we know the NRA pour's money into the GOP. We know Soros does the same for the DNC. We know the Koch brothers were beefing up the GOP. And it's extremely apparently who backs Trump.

AOC is a literal outsider who is rocking the boat of both parties. So I'm not sure that's a good comparison.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Dude, we know who funds them. Despite the s#!tty campaign finance laws we know the NRA pour's money into the GOP. We know Soros does the same for the DNC. We know the Koch brothers were beefing up the GOP. And it's extremely apparently who backs Trump.

AOC is a literal outsider who is rocking the boat of both parties. So I'm not sure that's a good comparison.

Yes, the whole point of justice democrats is to primary corporate democrats and get them out of office.  The reason AOC is so known is because she beat the 4th highest ranked democrat in govt.

Some choice words from Dayton's mayor about Trump and his tweet after leaving Dayton yesterday.

Ultimately, the mayor doesn’t really care what the president has to say or tweet about her and Sen. Brown, she just wants the people of Dayton to not have suffered in vain. “He is a bully and a coward and it's fine he wants to bully me and Senator Brown, we're okay, we can take it,” said Whaley, adding, “The citizens of Dayton deserve action.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dayton-mayor-cares-more-about-gun-control-than-trumps-disparaging-tweets-073243778.html

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

The justice democrats is everything American politics should be (everyday working people running for office and no corporate donations) and trying to get rid of what youre complaining about.  And then you call one of their candidates stupid.  Do you want govt. to work for everyone or do you not?

So I should like her on principle because you say she represents something?  Nah.

I want what everyone else wants, an actual government working for us instead of against us.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I never said anything about funding?

Rocking the boat is one way to put it.

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

How would you propose we have people run and campaign then?

This sounds like the same logic that said we shouldn't get rid of the BCS because the only alternative would be going back to the poll system, which obviously couldn't have been further from the truth.

26 minutes ago, Redux said:

So I should like her on principle because you say she represents something?  Nah.

I want what everyone else wants, an actual government working for us instead of against us.

You don't have to like her but because you disagree on her stances doesn't make her stupid.

And you literally, like I said, have a group of congress members, not just AOC, working for people and not their donors and you still bitch because you don't like their policies.  Maybe lobby the right wing to create a group that only takes small dollar donations because Im sure that's what youre getting at.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You don't have to like her but because you disagree on her stances doesn't make her stupid.

And you literally, like I said, have a group of congress members, not just AOC, working for people and not their donors and you still bitch lol.  Maybe lobby the right wing to create a group that only takes small dollar donations because Im sure that's what youre getting at.

I think you're definitely misinterpreting most of what I've said

20 minutes ago, Redux said:

This will never happen. Ever as far as elected officials. At least as long as there is difference in political beliefs.  

For example, there is currently a large chunk of the public that rallies behind Trump because he is “finally” saying what they’ve wanted to hear for years. Meanwhile, another substantial chunk of the public are absolutely disgusted by it.

The “government” however will continue to work for us.  I’m returning to school tomorrow to prepare for the school year.  I’ve seen police patrolling our streets.  I heard a fire truck go down the highway this morning.  The DOR is working on Maple Street.  Social workers are making their rounds. The DMV is still renewing licenses today.  And on and on.

But these people do have to work within a framework created by elected officials, so elections do matter.  I’m damn proud of our government, that’s probably why I’m so disgusted with the people that have been elected to run it.

:end rant

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Redux said:

This sounds like the same logic that said we shouldn't get rid of the BCS because the only alternative would be going back to the poll system, which obviously couldn't have been further from the truth.

Um, just I asked you how you proposed we implement a replacement for the party system because I was soliciting your input. There's nothing in asking for your input that even remotely aligns with your misplaced allegory. 

It's rich that you're getting on folks for misrepresenting what you're saying when answering a basic, open-ended question about your beliefs on the topic is a bridge too far for you.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Redux said:

I never said anything about funding?

Rocking the boat is one way to put it.

You're talking about power, you're talking about control. Money is power and control. It buys you influence, or do you not think that's how it works?

17 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Um, just I asked you how you proposed we implement a replacement for the party system because I was soliciting your input. There's nothing in asking for your input that even remotely aligns with your misplaced allegory. 

It's rich that you're getting on folks for misrepresenting what you're saying when answering a basic, open-ended question about your beliefs on the topic is a bridge too far for you.

That's on me, felt like a baited question.  I expected a response similar to "Well since you have no alternative system...."

I don't have a good answer.  Candidates can't all be expected to fund themselves can they?  It would ensure only the wealthy succeed.  We can't just have a free for all, unqualified people would get elected as jokes.  So is it a matter of the devil you know or the devil you don't.

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

You're talking about power, you're talking about control. Money is power and control. It buys you influence, or do you not think that's how it works?

You're going a bit off the rails here bro, I'm not gonna bite on the fork in the road you're offering me.