Thoughts and Prayers!!!

12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm not going to bash the president, even though that's pretty much a perpetual urge for me anymore and he deserves it.

I didn't watch his speech as I don't really pay attention to his official statements anymore, but it seems like he was trying to go out and say the right thing for once.

That's the problem, though. He's tried this... once. He's said the wrong thing so many times. And it greatly contributed to how we got here.

Except the people Trump is dogwhistling to know not to listen to anything he says off a teleprompter. Trump's real message is what he says when there isn't one around, like when he's taking a dump and firing up Twitter. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting that he talks about how out of control Obama's era was with 32 mass shootings.  Does he know how many there have been just in 2019?  Obviously not.

Also....the entire "Did Bush criticize Obama" mantra is just idiotic.  Obama did not incite anywhere close to the amount of racism and hatred for immigrants/minorities that Trump has.  Again....there's a reason why people like David Duke, KKK, Neo-Nazis are celebrating in the streets over his election.

The best part, Obama didn't even mention Drumpf by name; he just talked about those who feed fear and racism. 

• Plus1 2

So to divert attention from the alt-right killer of El Paso,  the admin, via Kellyanne Conway,  points out that the Dayton (or did they mean Toledo) shooter

was a progressive, and was supportive of Antifa & of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders.    When I read that I thought this is a major deflection from their

guilt filled hearts of being supportive of the alt right because the Dayton shooting had nothing to do with race while the El Paso shooting did.   The article

also draws that same conclusion.  There is no reason for an administration to do the 'what about ism'  - pitting one shooter against another. If they had

clean hands, this admin would be denouncing both equally.  Of course Fox and Friends gives the admin cover.   This type of statement by an admin spokesperson

only reveals their sick soul.  It is a deflection of blame and guilt  :movegoalpost::goalposts: just like the Trump tweet storm in the posts above.   They know their negative voice gives support to sick alt right shooters. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kellyanne-conway-mad-dayton-shooter-leftist-warren-172616634.html

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, says she is “hopping mad” over scanty media coverage of the Dayton, Ohio, mass shooter’s progressive political views, which she contrasted with reporting that compared the El Paso, Texas, gunman’s “manifesto” to tweets and speeches by President Trump.

But unlike the El Paso massacre, which is being investigated by the FBI as a possible hate crime aimed at Hispanics, there is no indication that the mass shooting in Dayton was racially or politically motivated.

“I’m hopping mad this morning,” Conway said on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday. “Because I see very little, scant coverage of the fact that this Dayton shooter has been confirmed as having a Twitter feed that was supportive of Antifa, that was supportive of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders.”

CNN reported that a Twitter account appearing to belong the gunman, 24-year-old Connor Betts, contained “extreme left views.” The Twitter bio read: “he/him/anime fan/metalhead/leftist/i’m going to hell and i’m not coming back.” In a recent tweet, he indicated that he would “happily” vote for Warren, according to CNN.

Police say Betts was wearing a mask and a bulletproof vest when he opened fire outside a nightclub in Dayton early Sunday, killing nine people, including his sister, and wounding as many as 30 others, before he was shot dead by police.

Of the nine killed, six were black. But authorities do not believe the gunman was motivated by race, and they have not disclosed any evidence linking the shooting to politics.

28 minutes ago, Scratchtown said:

Can we just agree that is it is extremism no matter which side (Antifa or Supremacy), is awful for progress of our country. 

Failure to think so, you might want to look in the mirror.

Yes.

trump visits el paso today.    with his calls to stop the invasion of america echoed by the shooter i can't imagine the reception will be all that great.   but maybe he can at least pay his past due bill (approximately $500,000) to the city while he is there.

I wish I could find the tweet now, made me sick.  A copy paste uber leftist, something to the effect of "More gun violence blah blah, help make the aisle Blue, vote Democrat!"

I'm just so tired of the bulls#!t.  I'm tired of the idea that gun control and gun violence and mental health problems leading to the gun violence because of poor gun control is somehow tied to what color a portion of the government is heavy on at the moment.  It's asinine.  This isn't a red or blue problem keeping change and actual help from happening.  Gun violence is going to be a problem for as long as we have Red AND Blue, period.  The more we squabble over it, the more they benefit from it.  Partisan politics can pretend to care, but the harsh reality is that gun violence is an easy population control tool for them and a massive hot button issue they can all benefit off of.  It's disgusting.

• Thanks 2
21 hours ago, TGHusker said:

So to divert attention from the alt-right killer of El Paso,  the admin, via Kellyanne Conway,  points out that the Dayton (or did they mean Toledo) shooter

was a progressive, and was supportive of Antifa & of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders.    When I read that I thought this is a major deflection from their

guilt filled hearts of being supportive of the alt right because the Dayton shooting had nothing to do with race while the El Paso shooting did.   The article

also draws that same conclusion.  There is no reason for an administration to do the 'what about ism'  - pitting one shooter against another. If they had

clean hands, this admin would be denouncing both equally.  Of course Fox and Friends gives the admin cover.   This type of statement by an admin spokesperson

only reveals their sick soul.  It is a deflection of blame and guilt  :movegoalpost::goalposts: just like the Trump tweet storm in the posts above.   They know their negative voice gives support to sick alt right shooters. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kellyanne-conway-mad-dayton-shooter-leftist-warren-172616634.html

More to the above quote, Trump doubles down on the Dayton shooter's political bent.  But as we read this article from Yahoo, we can see a lot of 'whataboutism' from Trump - the pointing of the finger.  And as the article notes, it is a lot like his Charlottesville comments - trying to draw a moral equivalancy that doesn't exist. 

The large print quote in red below show how Trump is dislusional - living in an alternative universe where the facts are truly altered by his biases. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-pulls-both-sides-way-153349348.html

President Trump on Wednesday tried to distance himself from the notion that his rhetoric was connected to Saturday’s mass shooting in El Paso by insisting he wants to “stay out of the political fray”—but then went out of his way to link prominent Democrats to the gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, and trash the city’s Democratic mayor.

“The Dayton situation, he was a fan of antifa. He was a fan of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren—nothing to do with Trump. But nobody ever mentions that,” Trump told reporters as he left the White House for his trip to Ohio and Texas Wednesday morning.

When asked about the accused El Paso mass shooter who allegedly posted an online anti-immigrant manifesto that aimed to justify violence against Hispanic people, Trump tried to deviate.

“I think that illegal immigration—you’re talking about illegal immigrants, right? Yes? I think illegal immigration is a terrible thing for this country,” Trump said.

Patrick Crusius, who allegedly killed 22 people after shooting up a Walmart in El Paso, referred to his attack as being a response to the “Hispanic invasion” in the U.S. This terminology echoes previous comments from Trump, who has repeatedly described Hispanic immigrants as “invading” the U.S. But when asked about whether his comments have contributed to violence, Trump shot down the suggestion.

“I don’t think my rhetoric does at all. I think my rhetoric brings people together. Our country is doing really well,” Trump said.

Crusius also invoked white-supremacist terminology in an announcement he allegedly posted on the online forum 8chan an hour before the attack.

Trump, who on Monday condemned white supremacy from a podium at the White House and said it “must be defeated,” acknowledged the need to quash it while also condemning “any other kind of supremacy.”

“Whether it’s white supremacy whether it’s any other kind of supremacy, whether it’s antifa, whether it’s any group of hate, I am very concerned about it. And I’ll do something about it,” he said.

Trump’s comments were reminiscent of statements he made in the wake of the violent 2017 white-nationalist rally in Charlottesville, when he said, “You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible and it was a horrible thing to watch.”

So Sean Hannity wants to make the USA a police state to solve the problem.  So much for being a

freedom loving conservative.  Of course this unrealistic, budget breaking, unworkable solution must

be enacted because, Sean, like most GOPers, are in bed with the NRA.  We can't have reasonable gun

control but we can sure militarize our malls, schools and every other public place where the public

gathers. :sarcasm

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/sean-hannity-force-schools-malls-054521306.html

2 hours ago, Redux said:

I wish I could find the tweet now, made me sick.  A copy paste uber leftist, something to the effect of "More gun violence blah blah, help make the aisle Blue, vote Democrat!"

I'm just so tired of the bulls#!t.  I'm tired of the idea that gun control and gun violence and mental health problems leading to the gun violence because of poor gun control is somehow tied to what color a portion of the government is heavy on at the moment.  It's asinine.  This isn't a red or blue problem keeping change and actual help from happening.  Gun violence is going to be a problem for as long as we have Red AND Blue, period.  The more we squabble over it, the more they benefit from it.  Partisan politics can pretend to care, but the harsh reality is that gun violence is an easy population control tool for them and a massive hot button issue they can all benefit off of.  It's disgusting.

Except their is only one party who is refusing to do something about it, takes money from the NRA, and pushes back every time the subject of reasonable measures are brought up... We are the only developed nation in the world with this problem.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Except their is only one party who is refusing to do something about it, takes money from the NRA, and pushes back every time the subject of reasonable measures are brought up... We are the only developed nation in the world with this problem.

Don't be naive.  If the government as a whole wanted to take care of the problem, it could and it would.  The puppet show you're referring to is an absolute farce.  The 3 branches of government is a convenient excuse for why we don't get changes we desperately need. It allows finger pointing, then people can get online and complain that of only that OTHER party would just be reasonable.....