Thoughts and Prayers!!!

Here's what's so dumb about race wars. We're all BLEEPING HUMAN YOU DOPES.

Race Schmace.

This was an El Paso, TX donation center when the authorities said they were in emergency need of blood donations.

You're dying. Literally dying. Whose blood here are you going to turn down?

NO ONE'S

cyrmt8o1zae31.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are you honestly going to claim that the preponderance of arrests are more violent for Whites than other races?

aac0Cq9.gif

You know that's not what I'm suggesting.

My original point was that HOW he was arrested seems of pretty low priority when considering what the bastard just did.

Though, I do believe that the viral spread of EVERY instance of police brutality towards black men is political propaganda used to push  a chosen narrative. It doesn't make the instances right, but it also doesn't make the same instances of police brutality happening to white people (like the video above) any less important.... Based on the difference in the amount coverage received, it sure seems to be of less importance when it doesn't involve a minority.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My original point was that HOW he was arrested seems of pretty low priority when considering what the bastard just did. 

That's a very privileged point of view for people who don't get violently arrested for simple traffic violations. I'm guilty of that, because if I ever get pulled over for a speeding or failing to yield or failing to signal, I'm annoyed that I'm going to have to pay a civil fine, whereas my friend who is WAY more accomplished & a better citizen than me has to worry that he's going to get thrown to the ground for the same stop because he's not the same pasty white half-Irish skin tone as me.

It's a germane point in this conversation. And we don't think about it enough in our day-to-day lives here commenting on HuskerBoard.

The pic I posted got deleted, so it just looks like a tweet about race. But the original tweet showed a very tame and calm arrest after a White guy committed mass murder. That's not what a darker-colored person would experience for the most part after a basic legal violation.

Considering the context (alleged) of this shooting, it's a hugely important point to make.

And not to point the finger, because I'm assuming you're White (forgive me if wrong), and I'm guessing you make the same assumptions as me when you encounter the police.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I just read there are very real concerns about close friends and family not going to claim bodies, or meet up with survivors as they are concerned about ICE making arrests.

Holy s#!t, normally I would say "no one is that big of a bastard", but I wouldn't put it past ICE to do just that. 

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This guy doesn't look very black, and this is as sickening as any example I've seen....  

I don't think anyone is making the case this is any more acceptable if it happens to a white dude. I just think it's glaringly obvious it happens disproportionately more often to non-white Americans. We're all left to draw our own conclusions as to why that is.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Holy s#!t, normally I would say "no one is that big of a bastard", but I wouldn't put it past ICE to do just that. 

Also supposedly there are victims that went home instead of going for medical care.  Thankfully area lawyers are volunteering their services to go with them if needed. 

It really doesn't matter if ICE is actually doing this does it (not directed toward you but a statement).  The fact that people believe its a risk is enough.  They and this government has set the tone that it is quite possible.

For those that don't understand “Sanctuary Cities” this is a good example.  People who are afraid to seek out services like police and hospital because of their status.  Not the murderous immigrant that wants to hide in the US and hurt us but those that come here to earn a living, be with family, raise their children in a safer environment that are fearful of where they live because we are a$$holes lead by a racist, fear mongering, xenophobic mysoginist who has empowered white nationalists under the guise of “patriotism” and american exceptionalism.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Also supposedly there are victims that went home instead of going for medical care.  Thankfully area lawyers are volunteering their services to go with them if needed. 

It really doesn't matter if ICE is actually doing this does it (not directed toward you but a statement).  The fact that people believe its a risk is enough.  They and this government has set the tone that it is quite possible.

For those that don't understand “Sanctuary Cities” this is a good example.  People who are afraid to seek out services like police and hospital because of their status.  Not the murderous immigrant that wants to hide in the US and hurt us but those that come here to earn a living, be with family, raise their children in a safer environment that are fearful of where they live because we are a$$holes lead by a racist, fear mongering, xenophobic mysoginist who has empowered white nationalists under the guise of “patriotism” and american exceptionalism.  

It was a big enough concern that CBP had to announce they weren’t going to do anything..,

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBPWestTexas/status/1157846933219577856

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1