A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

9 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Who has made that conclusion? Did I miss something? I mean nobody in their right mind could look at what Diaco has done with this defense and think, yeah, he’ll do nicely. 

Im really holding out hope that Moos is much sharper than that. If I thought he wasn’t, I’d be wrought with fear over the impending hire. Getting it wrong again simply is not an option.

All I will say is: Craig Bohl.  He wasn't much of DC, but he's turned out to be a pretty good head coach.  Not equating that to Diaco, just saying stranger things can and do happen.

Never mind, I remembered that Diaco has in fact been a head coach already and that didn't work out either.

Edited by Making Chimichangas

...someone said above this is a PR nightmare, and serious organizational problems that are at and on the ADs table now..I hope he has a spine to him..cause in the foreseeable short future, the football program is in a. complete tail spin and it’s not crashed yet..it’s going to get far worse..

...what concerns me..is what coach in the world will choose walk into this buzz saw..and address the systemic issues..it’s not just a X and Os that the next coach needs to teach, the new guy has to flip the culture that. Mike Reilly created..in dong so, many, many players must be weeded out..got to crack some eggs to make a omelet..what s huge undertaking for the next coach, it will require the know-how obviously, but more than that is required, he MUST be a hard a+#... as changing a soft, timid organization/environment  into a fierce  one is a dauntig task, requiring a special, peculiar individual...

3 minutes ago, Depressed Husker said:

...someone said above this is a PR nightmare, and serious organizational problems that are at and on the ADs table now..I hope he has a spine to him..cause in the foreseeable short future, the football program is in a. complete tail spin and it’s not crashed yet..it’s going to get far worse..

...what concerns me..is what coach in the world will choose walk into this buzz saw..and address the systemic issues..it’s not just a X and Os that the next coach needs to teach, the new guy has to flip the culture that. Mike Reilly created..in dong so, many, many players must be weeded out..got to crack some eggs to make a omelet..what s huge undertaking for the next coach, it will require the know-how obviously, but more than that is required, he MUST be a hard a+#... as changing a soft, timid organization/environment  into a fierce  one is a dauntig task, requiring a special, peculiar individual...

That's pretty normal for new coaches.  After all, only bad teams fire their coaches.  So coaches knowingly walk into bad situations.  

..I remember a postgame presser once of Nick saben..he was absolutely livid that the opposition did what they did to his team and how his teams execution was unacceptable...Saben won that game...let that sink in..that’s the expectation and detail orientaed approach to coaching he has...

...this is what will remedy Husker football, nothing fancy, keep,it simple. Have the players run it in practice until it’s perfect..turn on the practice lights if need be..accountably and the balls to implement it is what will remedy Husker football..mike Reilly has none of these attributes..he lax on details and it sure does show..look at the sidelines during GAMES....players sitting down, talking with fans, laughing, helmets off..I’m so sick of this garbage Reilly allows..everyone should have their helmet on, standing up and supporting the ones on field..

2 minutes ago, Depressed Husker said:

If Riley is fired, I do not think the new coach will inherit the divided locker room Riley did.  With that you had guys who loved Bo and would run through walls for him.  You also had ex staff calling players.  Players themselves admitted there was an issue with Buy in.  

I have never ever played a down at the college level,  but have watched enough football to recognize good or bad play.  No doubt the kids who are talented enough to play at this level no good and bad coaching.  IMHO, there won't be guys who miss the "coach" Riley.  Maybe the man, but many have seen games slip away with poor play calling, time management and confusing decisions......There won't be guys not buying in to a new culture.  You bring in a winning coach, a guy who is passionate and makes the passion contagious, the team won't have any issues IMHO.  

You instill expectations from day one.  A person tests those boundaries, even a captain or apparent leader, make an example.  There can be only one person setting the agenda and culture of the team.  That's the head coach.  

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Depressed Husker said:

You do realize scholarships are only for one year and are renewable. Any returning starter not with the program can be showed  how he played vs Minny. or perhaps just shown the door.

3 minutes ago, neepster said:

Better ask them to ask whoever told them that to rethink that decision.  The only thing worse than Riley as HC would be Diaco... heck even Langs would be better.  Diaco comes across as certifiable.

Diaco, while terrible, has been a head coach.  Langs has barely done his job of coordinating a unit meant to score points for the team he is employed by.

Just now, Redux said:

Diaco, while terrible, has been a head coach.  Langs has barely done his job of coordinating a unit meant to score points for the team he is employed by.

Well, at least his pressers after we get annihilated by PSU and Iowa would be entertaining... maybe he'll blame the aliens.

• Plus1 1