The Democrat Utopia

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Meh…I’ll be surprised if anyone is talking about this swimmer in two weeks.

I think it’s okay to go off on it while it’s a hot topic even if none of us really give two s#!ts about womens swimming. It’s a slippery slope issue.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yo you and me, this won’t be an issue in two weeks. To the women they compete against, it’s still a problem.  

Exactly, I don't care at all, I mean it is swimming.

But if I was a girl swimmer and some dude showed up with a dong and I had to race them...F that.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Even if the dong is cut off. 

So gross!  Ha

So, we brought this up in one of my class and the girls, the ones that do sports, were soooooo against it and said it was not fair and that it needs to stop.

Of course, the crazies that don't compete and are not the ones going up against this dude think it is okay.

Like I said before, if we can pick our gender we should get to pick our age...and lord knows none of the crazies would agree to that. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

A slope to what?

Other sports is what I was thinking. He was poo pooing it because it’s womens swimming and nobody really cares about that. But what if a 6’-6” trans woman started playing volleyball for one of our B1G rivals? 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Other sports is what I was thinking. He was poo pooing it because it’s womens swimming and nobody really cares about that. But what if a 6’-6” trans woman started playing volleyball for one of our B1G rivals? 

Agreed...what is to say the UCLA men's VB team won't just say "You know what, this year we are all girls"...

I know it sound stupid and it is but what do you do?  Do you say "Nooooo, you are not girls"

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Agreed...what is to say the UCLA men's VB team won't just say "You know what, this year we are all girls"...

I know it sound stupid and it is but what do you do?  Do you say "Nooooo, you are not girls"

That’s exactly what I’d tell them. This whole deal is so ridiculous. Have people lost all common sense in an attempt to be accepting?  I would have no reservation telling trans women they need to compete only against other trans women….and when it’s determined that there aren’t enough others or spectator interest, well, that’s just the way it is. Jesus, people were all upset with Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire for their unfair advantage but at least they weren’t competing against girls.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

:lol:

I spent all afternoon at the MW Short Course Championships in Fremont today watching my daughter swim.  Wasn't really poopooing swimming at all.  I was just surprised people here were so shaken up by it.

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

:lol:

I spent all afternoon at the MW Short Course Championships in Fremont today watching my daughter swim.  Wasn't really poopooing swimming at all.  I was just surprised people here were so shaken up by it.

I guess that’s sort of my point. Whatever it is, womens swimming, volleyball, whatever, doesn’t really matter. There are people who it’s important to and people who it isn’t. The issue is it’s not a fair competition.

And that’s not to say women are inferior in any way. There are lots of things women can beat men at, even swimming. But the whole basis for competitive sports is that people begin on equal footing. It is inherently unfair for a trans woman (biological man) to compete in womens sports even if in some cases the women may prevail anyway. It has nothing to do with what any one person may identify as, or feel like, or shoulda been something else.

My kids, a boy and girl, both played a lot of sports. There wasn’t a great difference between the sexes prior to puberty. My son played hockey with girls and boys up to a certain age. But once puberty hits, physically the boys blow past the girls. Trust me, you do not want your 17 yr old daughter playing hockey or football against 17 yr old boys and there is no good reason they should have to race them in swimming either.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

XcX4bJ.gif

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't know. What if they did? It's no worse of an issue than this one, and it's not like swimming is a trans athlete gateway drug. Just don't understand how that's a slope - the opportunity is already there.

51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, the first thing you do is understand that the NCAA requires athletes switching gender categories to go through a year of hormone replacement therapy before they can compete. 

Maybe the next thing you do is start by figuring out how to differentiate between trans women and hypothetical imaginary men in wigs tucking their junk in playing Juwanna Mann. There's a good and tough conversation to be had about one.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1