The Democrat Utopia

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As a party, I would think they would want this.  Newsome could put a Dem in and the incumbent is probably going to win the next election.  So, Dems would probably keep the seat.

I’m guessing the Dems don’t have to worry about losing that seat no matter how badly they handle it.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m guessing the Dems don’t have to worry about losing that seat no matter how badly they handle it.

Yeah, that's why Newsom's pick would tilt the seat to one Dem in a state where several dues paying Dems have been waiting years for the opening. They might see an advantage to leaving Feinstein in place until the open election. 

It also looks like Feinstein is not inclined to declare herself incompetent, so someone would have to do that for her. Not sure what that looks like.

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, that's why Newsom's pick would tilt the seat to one Dem in a state where several dues paying Dems have been waiting years for the opening. They might see an advantage to leaving Feinstein in place until the open election. 

It also looks like Feinstein is not inclined to declare herself incompetent, so someone would have to do that for her. Not sure what that looks like.

Here’s a couple options.

FemaleTautAruanas-size_restricted.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952v9x190maylquwx6tcw3

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

We need term limits and age limits. I won’t even get into competency and decency limits.

Yes and that includes SC lifetime membership to that special club.   

18 years for SC justice

6 years for president - most presidents (not name FDR)  lose their effectiveness after 6 years

10 years for House

18 Years for Senate 

If you can't make an impact in those time frames,  you are just taking up a seat that could be better filled by someone else. 

Age: I want to say 70 but there are some effective people in their 70s. - but 80 for sure.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

18 years for SC justice

6 years for president - most presidents (not name FDR)  lose their effectiveness after 6 years

10 years for House

18 Years for Senate 

If you can't make an impact in those time frames,  you are just taking up a seat that could be better filled by someone else. 

Age: I want to say 70 but there are some effective people in their 70s. - but 80 for sure.  

So, you’re going to end a presidents term half way till the next election?

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

18 years for SC justice

10 years for House

18 Years for Senate 

I would counter offer.

Four 2 yr terms in HOR=8 yrs max

Two 6 yr terms in Senate =12 yrs

Two 4 yr terms for Pres=8 yrs

12 years for SC

Cutoff age of 70 for election/appointment or 72 when term would expire, whichever is more restrictive, for all of them. Yes some people are fine to 80 or longer and some aren’t fine at 40 but we’re running a government not a geriatric retreat. And while we’re at it, no special healthcare, pension or retirement benes that the average citizen can’t participate in.

These people are supposed to serve us not themselves. If we fix that basic concept, we fix a whole bunch of our other problems at the same time.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a load of s#!t.

What a load of horse s#!t. These people think they’re above the law. It’s that simple. Nobody should be above being called to testify and provide answers and statements under oath. I don’t care if it diminishes future efforts of others in the same office or not as truth and justice are way more important than any office. Pence is just another example of what’s wrong with our government.

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

What a load of horse s#!t. These people think they’re above the law. It’s that simple. Nobody should be above being called to testify and provide answers and statements under oath. I don’t care if it diminishes future efforts of others in the same office or not as truth and justice are way more important than any office. Pence is just another example of what’s wrong with our government.

Agreed.  However, if Pence testifies, his own campaign is toast.  It might be already, but I'm betting he and all the other non-Trump Republican 2024 candidates are banking on Trump getting indicted, possibly convicted and one way or another no longer being a candidate sometime in the next year.  Many of Trump's votes will be up for grabs.  If Pence narcs on him now, Pence is done.  Who else would the MAGATS vote for?  Trump will be or is already pissed at DeSantis.  Haley is a long shot.  Pence could grab some votes if he's viewed as somehow "protecting" Trump.  Just my take anyway.

57 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Agreed.  However, if Pence testifies, his own campaign is toast.  It might be already, but I'm betting he and all the other non-Trump Republican 2024 candidates are banking on Trump getting indicted, possibly convicted and one way or another no longer being a candidate sometime in the next year.  Many of Trump's votes will be up for grabs.  If Pence narcs on him now, Pence is done.  Who else would the MAGATS vote for?  Trump will be or is already pissed at DeSantis.  Haley is a long shot.  Pence could grab some votes if he's viewed as somehow "protecting" Trump.  Just my take anyway.

I’m sure that’s why Pence doesn’t want to give testimony. He’s clueless enough to think that maybe he hasn’t burned all Trump supporters bridges but he did on January 6th. IMO it’s too late for him to pick up many ex Trumpers. My feeling is if/when Trump is out of the picture, most of them will flock to Desantis as he’s the closest thing to giving them what they want. Veiled (or not so veiled) racism and that tear it down to the ground regardless of consequences backwoods hick attitude.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

After my father had a stroke, he suffered from depression and refused to get help.  He just thought he was sad and didn’t need help.  

So much of his life and our relationship was hurt because of it.  He lived for over 15 years as an angry miserable man until he finally tried to commit suicide and was forced into a hospital.  

Anyone mocking Fetterman or using this for political gain can go f#&% themselves. He can get the help he needs and be just fine in office. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

No one that I have seen is using this for political gain.  However it is extremely obvious the man SHOULD NOT have been running after his stroke and should have taken the time to get healthy like his doctors suggested.   But instead, his wife and the Party wouldn’t let that happen.  
The Party should have let the person Fetterman beat in the primary run in the general and let the guy heal.   The other dude would have won handily over Oz anyway.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2