The Democrat Utopia

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I mean, I'm almost certain she's running as a Democrat, cause no Republican could say those things. But nowhere in the 2:30 ad, or her Tweet or her tagline does she use the word Democrat. Maybe that's where we are headed and maybe it's a good thing. 

I’m telling ya, all the polling ballots  should eliminate what political party each candidate belongs to and only have the name.   It will make people understand who they are voting for and not just an R or a D 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m telling ya, all the polling ballots  should eliminate what political party each candidate belongs to and only have the name.   It will make people understand who they are voting for and not just an R or a D 

My ballot in Colorado did not have party affiliations on it a couple weeks ago. I think the ballots in prior years also didn't have party affiliation, but I can't remember for sure.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

My ballot in Colorado did not have party affiliations on it a couple weeks ago. I think the ballots in prior years also didn't have party affiliation, but I can't remember for sure.

I think that’s a good thing.  The national races it may not make a difference in people being informed but it sure will on the local level since you can’t just vote straight ticket or for a party name 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Interesting case and I feel very bad for the guy on trial.  

I feel bad in terms of it being a sad situation and you never want to see someone possibly throw their life away in a moment, even unintentionally, but according to the DA, his own testimony says he, "...recognized that Neely wasn’t armed and hadn’t touched anyone, but said he intervened after Neely’s tirade because he considered it threatening", which...well, that seems tantamount to an admission of guilt. Also seems to paint the facts a long ways away from the conjecture-based editorialization of the tweet you shared.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Also seems to paint the facts a long ways away from the conjecture-based editorialization of the tweet you shared.

From the NYP article in the link 

“I was listening to music at the time, and I took my headphones out to hear what he was yelling,” he continued. “The three main threats that he repeated over and over again were I’m going to kill you, I’m prepared to go to jail for life and I’m willing to die.”

• Plus1 1