The Democrat Utopia

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People need to be more discerning when it comes to the age of their candidates. And voters need to demand that the candidate they're voting for prove they're fit to serve.

This may or may not be true, but it's not asking too much of a candidate to verify their fitness for office.

It's no big deal.  The actual Senator (or politician) doesn't matter.  It only matters that they show up to vote along party lines.

So we're told...

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It's no big deal.  The actual Senator (or politician) doesn't matter.  It only matters that they show up to vote along party lines.

So we're told...

Yep. Just like how some of the same people who think Herschel Walker is apparently fit for office are probably going to be some of the loudest voices in calling for her removal after seeing this.

But the bottom line is that we should have high standards for public office, particularly mental standards, regardless of party or policy. I've seen the dark side of memory loss. I'm sure many of us have. It's heartbreaking and immensely difficult to watch and manage. She needs to be medically evaluated, and if the situation is as serious as the article outlines, then she needs to be removed from office. It should not require colleagues banding together to persuade her to leave. That's asinine.

• Plus1 3
46 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So we're told...

Wow...:blink:

I agree with @knapplcthat there needs to be some sort ofs"fitness for duty" type standard applied. 

Or, term limits could solve a lot of this.

32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Can’t remember who specifically…

But when discussing a potentially “mentally unstable” Senator, the quote was:

“His vote for policy created by the Leadership Team is valuable though”

Sounds like a good quote from a person.  But doesn’t answer the question I posed.  

so anyways, Who told you the Senator doesn’t matter and that it only matters that they show up to vote along party lines.  Genuinely curious.  

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds like a good quote from a person.  But doesn’t answer the question I posed.  

so anyways, Who told you the Senator doesn’t matter and that it only matters that they show up to vote along party lines.  Genuinely curious.  

Christ, your act is old.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Christ, your act is old.

No yours actually is.   I never once said a vote is the only thing that matters.   I did say the country wouldn’t have to worry about Walker making terrible or outrageous policy because it would never pass, but he would a reliable vote fit good Republican policy.  VASTLY, different than what you tried to portray.  Sorry it upsets you to get called out for it.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No yours actually is.   I never once said a vote is the only thing that matters.   I did say the country wouldn’t have to worry about Walker making terrible or outrageous policy because it would never pass, but he would a reliable vote fit good Republican policy.  VASTLY, different than what you tried to portray.  Sorry it upsets you to get called out for it.  

Just like Marjory, right?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

My god…”I know you are, but what am I”

Actually, you said what I quoted.  That’s why I put it in quotes.  Even copy and pasted to make sure I didn’t screw it up.

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My god…”I know you are, but what am I”

Actually, you said what I quoted.  That’s why I put it in quotes.  Even copy and pasted to make sure I didn’t screw it up.

And my quote doesn’t say anything in relation to your earlier post.  This is the point where you go back to where the discussion began, realize you are incorrect and just move on.

Relaying a fact that a Senator’s vote is a valuable vote DOES NOT MEAN “ It only matters that they show up to vote along party lines”

Mitt Romney is better than Warnock, McCain was better, Murkowski is, Collins is, etc…….They don’t just show up to vote along party lines.  Geesh.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re doing a great job of back peddling.  

Heres a lesson on message boards.  

If multiple people take your comment a certain way, typically that means you said it…..or you did a horrible job of saying what you tried to say. 

You have a funny use of the term back peddling.  

It ain’t my fault multiple people with an agenda in mind don’t know how to comprehend the words in a post and then try to make them mean something they don’t.  That would be a you issue.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You have a funny use of the term back peddling.  

It ain’t my fault multiple people with an agenda in mind don’t know how to comprehend the words in a post and then try to make them mean something they don’t.  That would be a you issue.  

Dude.... you've become a caricature of yourself. It's like when a tv show starts having success with a normal character that occasionally does goofy things, then decides that the character should just be goofy all time to the point it doesn't even make sense. Think Eric from Boy Meets World, Alan in 2 1/2 Men, etc. You type things then claim to not understand what you type, asking for people to explain the meaning of your own words, you constantly argue out both sides of your mouth. 

For instance, in the above you are arguing the exact opposite of what you tried to call out regarding two different twitter posts about the nomination of Supreme Court Justices. - You're inconsistent at best, disingenuous at worst. 

• Plus1 7