The Democrat Utopia

Also, who cares if this is real. Let him teach. If things he has done are inappropriate or violate school board policy, they can deal with it.

My political science teacher was a libertarian and taught us about his beliefs on every subject we learned. Nobody cared and he taught that class to the entire high school for more than a decade.

I also had a science teacher show us 9/11 conspiracy videos on multiple occasions. I don’t believe he faced any consequences either. Teachers come in all shapes just like everyone else.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If that were true, it would be a good thing.  Alas, everyone only gets one vote.   My vote matters the same as everyone else’s single vote. 

Oh heck, Republicans have won more votes exactly ONE time since 1988 in Presidential elections. They don't even try to win the popular vote because they don't have to. 

We haven't even discussed the Senate - where Democrats could add the states of DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands - and still face a Senate favoring Republicans and rural states.

Or the House where Republicans control gerrymandering in more districts - because the state governments have also been gerrymandered. If it wasn’t for the complete and total ineptitude of your party (I mean seriously, getting your base to deny science for votes is tragic - how you can support them is mind boggling) they would probably control all 3 chambers 6 years each decade, with splits the other 4.

I think the Ivermectin is getting to your head. The dose on the bottle is for a 2000 pound animal, you gotta take less to account for the size difference. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh heck, Republicans have won more votes exactly ONE time since 1988 in Presidential elections. They don't even try to win the popular vote because they don't have to. 

Why are you even discussing the popular vote for a Presidential election.  Do you know how we elect Presidents? 

We haven't even discussed the Senate - where Democrats could add the states of DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands - and still face a Senate favoring Republicans and rural states.

Your post is insane.  

. If it wasn’t for the complete and total ineptitude of your party (I mean seriously, getting your base to deny science for votes is tragic - how you can support them is mind boggling) they would probably control all 3 chambers 6 years each decade, with splits the other 4.

This is insane.  Even for you.  Birthing People, fighting for 8 yr olds to start sex change therapy, men are women and women are men????  Ah yes, your party is the party of science:hellloooo must be doing it for votes I guess :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are you even discussing the popular vote for a Presidential election.  Do you know how we elect Presidents? 

Your post is insane.  

This is insane.  Even for you.  Birthing People, fighting for 8 yr olds to start sex change therapy, men are women and women are men????  Ah yes, your party is the party of science:hellloooo must be doing it for votes I guess :facepalm:

What about my post is insane? Republicans enjoy a bias when it comes to controlling all three branches of government. They need fewer votes to win.

The bias of the electoral college is R+4.4%. Meaning that a Democrat has to win by that percent to have a 50% chance of winning (this translates to millions of votes). The bias is growing. It's possible it reaches 5% this decade. 

The Senate is similarly biased. Here is a good tweet about what adding states would do to the innate bias of the Senate:

As far as transgender issues are concerned, I'm personally really unsure about a lot of it. However, Democrats policy regarding transgender - or at least what surrounds it - is worth debating.

The difference is that nobody is killed if a biological male plays sports with women. Unlike the Republican party's denial of Climate Change. Or their politician of masks/vaccines.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The issue is that even though our government is a representative government, it has turned into more of a representative of the minority.  Yes, the President is elected with the electoral college.  BUT, the EC is supposed to represent the majority of the population.  The fact that Republicans keep gaining power as a minority vote, is a problem.  The only people who don't think so are Republicans that are enjoying it.

The Republicans need to be winning because they have better ideas that appeal to the majority of people.  That isn't the case, even though they enjoy the power they have.

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

As far as transgender issues are concerned, I'm personally really unsure about a lot of it.

I’m not surprised at this statement.  Mr. Science is actually anti-science.  Color me shocked. 

59 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Unlike the Republican party's denial of Climate Change.

Does the Republican Party actually state the Climate isnt or doesn’t change?  Or are you stating things that aren’t true to make some non-existent point.  I will choose option 2 for $500 Alex.   Most of us question how much is a man made (sorry Strangelove, personmade) impact of a changing climate.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not surprised at this statement.  Mr. Science is actually anti-science.  Color me shocked. 

Does the Republican Party actually state the Climate isnt or doesn’t change?  Or are you stating things that aren’t true to make some non-existent point.  I will choose option 2 for $500 Alex.   Most of us question how much is a man made (sorry Strangelove, personmade) impact of a changing climate.  

Firstly, my issue with transgenered laws are social - I'm not sure how I feel about biological females competing in men's sports (for safety reasons) or vice versa. I admittedly don't know how much of an issue this really is, but I suspect not much. Overall it does not bother me much and at the end of the day we should at least protect LGBTQ people when it comes to employment, marriage rights, and anything similar. 

Secondly, don't move the goal posts on climate change. You voted for a guy - twice - who's position was "it's a hoax by China". The few in your party acknowledge climate change but try to hedge to their base by claiming there is doubt about if human activity is causing it (therefore we don't actually have to change our behavior, how convenient!).

There is no doubt that human activity is causing climate change. It ranges from "an extremely high amount" to "nearly all of it". Both scenarios involve fundamental changes to our economy to fix, something Republicans are unwilling to concede. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Republicans need to be winning because they have better ideas that appeal to the majority of people. 

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This I agree with 

Like what?

Gun control? 90% of Americans support universal background checks. 67% (these are according to Fox News) favor banning assault weapons. 57% think gun laws should be stricter.

Abortion? 59% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Climate change? 67% think the fed gov isn't doing enough to fight it. 64%/52% think protecting the environment/dealing with climate change should be a top priority. 63% think stricter environmental laws are needed and worth the cost.

Healthcare? 63% of Americans think the government has the responsibility to provide health care coverage for everyone.

Taxes? 59% of Americans are bothered "a lot" by corporations and the ultra rich  not paying their fair share. 62% believe the tax system not too fair or not at all fair. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Taxes? 59% of Americans are bothered "a lot" by corporations and the ultra rich  not paying their fair share. 62% believe the tax system not too fair or not at all fair. 

The Top 1% of income earners, earn 21% of all income and pay 40% of all income taxes.  I will say that again.  1% of the population pays just over 40% of the income tax.  

What is their fair share as defined by the 62% who don’t know what their talking about?  You may want them to pay more, but they are certainly currently paying their “fair share” 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Top 1% of income earners, earn 21% of all income and pay 40% of all income taxes.  I will say that again.  1% of the population pays just over 40% of the income tax.  

First of all, how much do the top 1% of income earners pay relative to their wealth? 

Second, who cares? I was asking what better ideas the Republicans have that appeal to the majority of people. I didn't say the majority of people are right or wrong, and I didn't argue in favor or against the tax code. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Abortion? 59% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Your data and statement is misleading (which you should cite by the way since you copied that sentence verbatim).   From the study you got your data from:

Only 34% believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases in the second trimester, however, and 19% say it should be legal during the third, including 52% and 28% of Democrats, respectively, and 18% and 8% of Republicans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/06/25/majority-of-americans-support-abortion-poll-finds---but-not-later-in-the-pregnancy/amp/

• Plus1 2