The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It means they have been correct on the three videos I have posted from them.  It also means that turd of teacher is gonna get s#!tcanned and join the ranks of the unemployed. 

What do you think it means, Guy? 

It means you can point to the most hysterical left wing individual and pretend that a litany of rightwing Extremism isn’t a problem.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It means exactly what it says. The more useful and interesting question is what the specific question means to the people who were surveyed.

Well, you posted it. It's your quote. Then you tried to move the goalposts...

never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy"

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Well, you posted it. It's your quote. Then you tried to move the goalposts...

never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy"

That's not moving goalposts. 

The language of surveys is specific. What questions they ask, how those questions are worded, and what the options for responses are should not be re-interpreted. Pew's survey didn't ask specific questions about trimesters or length of the pregnancy, thus I didn't say anything about it, thus, I "never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy".

13 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

That's not moving goalposts. 

The language of surveys is specific. What questions they ask, how those questions are worded, and what the options for responses are should not be re-interpreted. Pew's survey didn't ask specific questions about trimesters or length of the pregnancy, thus I didn't say anything about it, thus, I "never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy".

But you didn't link the survey, and...that is exactly what you said.

If I missed the link before your stats, I apologize.

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Like what?

Gun control? 90% of Americans support universal background checks. 67% (these are according to Fox News) favor banning assault weapons. 57% think gun laws should be stricter.

Abortion? 59% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

Climate change? 67% think the fed gov isn't doing enough to fight it. 64%/52% think protecting the environment/dealing with climate change should be a top priority. 63% think stricter environmental laws are needed and worth the cost.

Healthcare? 63% of Americans think the government has the responsibility to provide health care coverage for everyone.

Taxes? 59% of Americans are bothered "a lot" by corporations and the ultra rich  not paying their fair share. 62% believe the tax system not too fair or not at all fair. 

Just went back and checked. Here is your post.

You clearly said 59% approve abortion in "all or most" cases. 

You see this yes?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Jesus @Dr. Strangelove being this wrong is pretty impressive even for you.  

Oh yeah, the organization busted for numerous fake videos (including the WaPo as I cited above) has been totally vindicated. 

I haven't watched the video because it's obvious what they're doing: capture dubious video and sell it as if it's a massive systemic problem in the education system. Insane right-wingers are convinced education is part of a liberal indoctrination. 

Sowing distrust of education isn't just stupid, it's DANGEROUS. The pandemic has demonstrated this. The human cost to what the Republican party is doing is absolutely disgusting. 

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Just went back and checked. Here is your post.

You clearly said 59% approve abortion in "all or most" cases. 

You see this yes?

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/public-opinion-on-abortion/

While public support for legal abortion has fluctuated some in two decades of polling, it has remained relatively stable over the past five years. Currently, 59% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 39% say it should be illegal in all or most cases.

https://www.pewforum.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/05/Abortion-topline-for-release.pdf

The way they phrased the question was, "Do you think abortion should be…" followed by "Legal in all cases, legal in most cases, illegal in most cases, illegal in all cases".

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Oh yeah, the organization busted for numerous fake videos (including the WaPo as I cited above) has been totally vindicated. 

I haven't watched the video because it's obvious what they're doing: capture dubious video and sell it as if it's a massive systemic problem in the education system. Insane right-wingers are convinced education is part of a liberal indoctrination. 

Sowing distrust of education isn't just stupid, it's DANGEROUS. The pandemic has demonstrated this. The human cost to what the Republican party is doing is absolutely disgusting. 

Meanwhile a local “church” full of anti mask, anti-CRT, pro Trump congregants holding seminars to get people elected to local govt insists on working its way into our building by buying breakfast, leaving snacks, etc.  And out administration thinks it’s great!

Maybe I should make a video…

8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It means you can point to the most hysterical left wing individual and pretend that a litany of rightwing Extremism isn’t a problem.

Guy, I get that it makes you feel good to write that down and hit submit reply, but it’s simply not true.  Unless you would like to show your work. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy. Not sure why you're trying to make that point as I never said anything about it, I only referenced Pew's survey and its specific question and answer language. 

For starters this is your fist exact quote about abortion.  You didn’t reference anything about Pew or it’s specific language or give context to the number.

Abortion? 59% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

If you're going to argue against me (when I started the abortion commentary), either argue using the same source or make sure that I'm switching to your source before you accuse me of saying things that are false. 

I posted my source, unlike you.  It pretty clearly disputes PEW.  But hey, at least you got to use the word obstinate in a post:dunno

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It’s ok to just  say you were wrong.  :thumbs

• Plus1 2