The Democrat Utopia

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your data and statement is misleading (which you should cite by the way since you copied that sentence verbatim).   From the study you got your data from:

Only 34% believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases in the second trimester, however, and 19% say it should be legal during the third, including 52% and 28% of Democrats, respectively, and 18% and 8% of Republicans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/06/25/majority-of-americans-support-abortion-poll-finds---but-not-later-in-the-pregnancy/amp/

I didn't get my data from forbes or from the study they referenced, I got it from Pew Research Center. https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/public-opinion-on-abortion/

The Pew survey didn't go into details on changes in perception in later trimesters, although that's obvious that the numbers would shrink.

It did however break down the results based on political affiliation. 80% of Democrats or democratic-leaning people think abortion should be legal in most/all cases, compared to 35% of Republicans or republican-leaning. 63% of rep/leaning think it should be illegal in most/all cases, compared to 19% dem/leaning. So, that can't be chalked up to a better Republican idea that the majority of people support.

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What’s wrong with the current idea? 

I'm not referencing tax code, I'm referencing this.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Republicans need to be winning because they have better ideas that appeal to the majority of people.

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This I agree with 

What are those better ideas that appeal to the majority of people? 

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I got, from BRB's post, that the Republicans don't have those ideas, but need those ideas. It was worded a bit oddly, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying.

That’s my point. They are a party that appeals to a minority of people and many of them are loony toon fringe.  But, that shouldn’t be how this country works and not how the founding fathers intended it. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s my point. They are a party that appeals to a minority of people and many of them are loony toon fringe.  But, that shouldn’t be how this country works and not how the founding fathers intended it. 

that loony toon fringe isn't the fringe of the party right now...unfortunately it is the majority right now.   

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

The Pew survey didn't go into details on changes in perception in later trimesters, although that's obvious that the numbers would shrink.

Which is why it is false to say 59% agree with abortion at all or most times.  A clear minority believe in 2nd term or third term abortion.  A clear majority don’t want it.

the Texas law references 6 weeks as the cut off so when all is said and done, what most abortion proponents/opponents are arguing about is the abortions taking place between weeks 6ish and 12ish. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, RedDenver said:

Project Veritas are known liars. Good chance they made this up like they have before. I'll wait for more reliable sources.

Hmmm…interesting turn of events.  I guess they are 3 for their last 3 that I have posted. 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I doubt very seriously if this is an actual school teacher.

I doubt I should take your opinion seriously anymore 

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which is why it is false to say 59% agree with abortion at all or most times.  A clear minority believe in 2nd term or third term abortion.  A clear majority don’t want it.

I didn't say 'agree with abortion at all or most times', I used the specific language of the survey's question. According to Pew Research, 59% of people think abortion should be legal in all or most cases. That is true. 25% believe it should be legal in all cases, while 34% believe it should be legal in most cases. Do you need me to do the math on what 25% + 34+ is? 

The headline of your linked article says the same thing ("Majority Of Americans Support Abortion, Poll Finds — But Not Later In The Pregnancy").

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Oh f#&% Project Veritas. They're awful.

But now that the blind pig has found an acorn......what do you think it means, Archy? 

It means they have been correct on the three videos I have posted from them.  It also means that turd of teacher is gonna get s#!tcanned and join the ranks of the unemployed. 

What do you think it means, Guy? 

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

According to Pew Research, 59% of people think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

The math doesn’t bear this out.  Only 34% of people believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases during the second trimester and that number lowers during the third trimester to 19% 
The second and third trimester would account for 66%ish of the abortion chance days prior to birth which would be most of the abortion chances.  Therefor, only 34% of people support all or most abortions.  Most people who support abortion, support it during the first trimester, or for those non-math inclined, the first 33%ish of the pregnancy.  

Much of the people you reference DO NOT support abortion in the second or third trimester.  Or another way of saying is that most DO NOT support abortion for most of the pregnancy :dunno  Math and such 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

The math doesn’t bear this out.  Only 34% of people believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases during the second trimester and that number lowers during the third trimester to 19% 
The second and third trimester would account for 66%ish of the abortion chance days prior to birth which would be most of the abortion chances.  Therefor, only 34% of people support all or most abortions.  Most people who support abortion, support it during the first trimester, or for those non-math inclined, the first 33%ish of the pregnancy.  

Much of the people you reference DO NOT support abortion in the second or third trimester.  Or another way of saying is that most DO NOT support abortion for most of the pregnancy :dunno  Math and such 

Not sure if you're being willfully obstinate or you just have that poor of reading comprehension.

Pew's question and answer language is extremely clear. The people I am referencing are the respondents in Pew's survey. If you're going to argue against me (when I started the abortion commentary), either argue using the same source or make sure that I'm switching to your source before you accuse me of saying things that are false. 

I never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy. Not sure why you're trying to make that point as I never said anything about it, I only referenced Pew's survey and its specific question and answer language. 

• Plus1 1