Assistants-who do we want?

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word from UCF is Verduzco, Held, Austin, Chinander, Ruud and Duval are the ones coming with Frost - at least at the moment.  Beckton won't be coming.  No for sure word on the others but the first six sound pretty confirmed.  

Walters may be in line for the head job at UCF.  He and Dewitt are a bit surprising - though not if Walters gets a promotion - but other than that basically what I was guessing.  Definitely opens up spots for Parrella, Williams and Williams.

Chinander might be the only one coming right away.  Frost doesn't want to decimate the staff before their bowl game.

If Trent Bray doesn't get hired away he might also be a great carry over. Would love the four of those guys back next year.

10 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

If Trent Bray doesn't get hired away he might also be a great carry over. Would love the four of those guys back next year.

Trent Bray, er, why?  Last I checked he coaches lbs and last I checked even after that, NE`s lbs, since Riley put his mug on this show, have been THE WORST BY FAR lb corps I have ever seen in 50+ yrs of Big Reddin`!  So,  I`m not feelin` where all this Bray love is coming from and havent heard any solid stance as to why he should stick around.  As far as I am concerned, the entire D staff should amscray and take THEIR WORST D concepts w them.

Alotta folk wanna keep Parella around too, cuz you know, "Nuhbraska guy".  Oh wait, the DL was also THE WORST we`ve seen in some time.  So, buh bye to Parella too as far as Im concerned.

As far as Im concerned, blow it up, clean house completely, with 1 possible exception in Keith Williams as the guy can recruit and the receivers have been 1, the only, consistent decently performing group on the whole team.

Edited by Big Red Commie
1 hour ago, Big Red Commie said:

Trent Bray, er, why?  Last I checked he coaches lbs and last I checked even after that, NE`s lbs, since Riley put his mug on this show, have been THE WORST BY FAR lb corps I have ever seen in 50+ yrs of Big Reddin`!  So,  I`m not feelin` where all this Bray love is coming from and havent heard any solid stance as to why he should stick around.  As far as I am concerned, the entire D staff should amscray and take THEIR WORST D concepts w them.

Alotta folk wanna keep Parella around too, cuz you know, "Nuhbraska guy".  Oh wait, the OL was also THE WORST we`ve seen in some time.  So, buh bye to Parella too as far as Im concerned.

As far as Im concerned, blow it up, clean house completely, with 1 possible exception in Keith Williams as the guy can recruit and the receivers have been 1, the only, consistent decently performing group on the whole team.

Parella is the DL coach. He would be a great addition to the new staff, and I like the Nebraska ties. 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:27 PM, RedDenver said:

This drives me absolutely crazy. We consistently run routes a yard short of the line to gain and third down (and 3 yards short on fourth down today), and we've done it all season - that's on the coaches and specifically Keith Williams.

I am sorry but the WR coach does NOT call the plays so he is not to blame for where the WRs go on their routes, UNLESS they simply run the wrong route which I doubt is the case at this point.  I believe we'd have heard long before now if the guys are simply running to the wrong places.  Of course, the QB would be missing them badly if they are not where they are supposed to be as well.  Thus, the play caller is the problem, not the position coaches.  IMO.  

I see no reason to dump all the staff as atleast some of them are going to be pretty decent coaches and we should keep a few simply to provide some kind of continuity and retain some inside knowledge of the players, their tendencies, etc.  It would be beneficial for Frost and his new staff to have some been there and done that guys to help with getting started.  If we throw everyt one out, the players don't have any familiar faces and so on.   There is always some good with the bad in any program and not everything Riley and Co did was terrible certainly.  There are many areas that need some change and improvement but not all.   

Parrella is a good coach with many years of NFL caliber play and experience.   The WRs did OK and most seem to feel the LB play was good.  There is only so much any coach can do with a given level of talent.  NOBODY can seriously argue that we have championship caliber talent across the board.  We have one won half our games over the Riley era and I think based on the number of players drafted, selected for all conference, etc, that is about as many as one could reasonably expect in the Big Ten.   People need to keep things in perspective.  Saying every coach we have is BAD is just not being reasonable to me.  Frost needs to pick guys he trusts but also that are known commodities and can get the job done.  I doubt many would say that every single coach in UCF is better than every single Husker coach on staff.  

20 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

Oops, that's what I meant.  Wasn't NE last or near last in the country in sacks, TFLs?  Yeah, think so.

Well, that's my evidence re Parella., what's yours?

That wasn't because of Parellas lineman. In this system lineman eat blocks and linebackers make plays. If you watched the football games and kept an eye on the line, you would see a well coached DL unit despite not having the athletes ideal for the system we were trying to run. Parella did a fantastic job with Mick Stolenberg in particular as well as Stille. Other guys did pretty well too but those 2 stood out 

1 hour ago, Big Red Commie said:

Oops, that's what I meant.  Wasn't NE last or near last in the country in sacks, TFLs?  Yeah, think so.

Well, that's my evidence re Parella., what's yours?

How old are you? 

Did you watch the same games I did? You have to bring pressure in a 3-4 and need the athletes for that system. Do you think Parella calls the plays or calls them for the D-line only? I'm glad you can coach so well from the sofa though. 

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

How old are you? 

Did you watch the same games I did? You have to bring pressure in a 3-4 and need the athletes for that system. Do you think Parella calls the plays or calls them for the D-line only? I'm glad you can coach so well from the sofa though. 

f#*k your age comment, spare me the patronising.

Parella was the DL  coach, I don't care what system he has to work with-he was NFL, remember(?)-you dont finish at or near the bottom in relevant stat categories and finish the season letting 3 teams hang half a 100+ on your unit, not too mention tOSU, OR, etc.  Minny had 400+ rushing yds, MINNY FRICKING SOTA, worst O in the conference!

Sorry pal, the ONLY reason why homers are cutting Patella slack is he played @ NU, period.

• Plus1 1