Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I want to wait and see what everything looks like come February 4th.

There's a logical fallacy in comparing FHCMR's first recruiting class to Frost's. Riley lost his job. Does Frost finishing better, on par or worse really tell us anything? I question the relevancy of such comparisons. Frost is also having to coach a team in a major bowl game. Riley didn't have to worry about that.

Well probably get a good indication at the the conclusion of the early signing period which starts tomorrow. Wonder what our strategy will be after it’s conclusion? 

54 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean, Frost didn't have to coach another team.

No, but it shows he :
a) is committed to his players

b) is a man of his word

c) is a supreme organizer of staff and time

d) is not lazy and will make sacrifices himself

e) understands the value of his face time on the national stage for Nebraska on a Jan. 1st bowl game.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

No, but it shows he :
a) is committed to his players

b) is a man of his word

c) is a supreme organizer of staff and time

d) is not lazy and will make sacrifices himself

e) understands the value of his face time on the national stage for Nebraska on a Jan. 1st bowl game.

That's all well and good, but it's taken time out of recruiting for Nebraska.  So it shouldn't be used as an excuse if the class isn't up to snuff.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's all well and good, but it's taken time out of recruiting for Nebraska.  So it shouldn't be used as an excuse if the class isn't up to snuff.

I would argue that it is NOT taking time out of recruiting. Instead of "one-at-a-timin'" he's MASS COMMUNICATING.

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's easy.  Riley wins because he has players that signed.  Until players sign with Frost, we have no data to compare. 

If you're speaking of offers and visits, I'd say Riley wins again,...everyone was pretty impressed with how little Riley was sleeping and how hard he was hitting the trail as well and he didn't have a bowl to coach in:

Now, I'm not saying Riley is better...I'm saying that the amount of sunshine pumping through this thread lacks perspective.  Riley might have been a .500 coach but he didn't slouch on recruiting.  His recruiting always impressed me because he ABSOLUTELY disproved Pelini's claim that you can't get higher star ranked kids to visit Nebraska. 

Let's not act like he (Riley) was the worst at it and give credit where credit is due...as well as not giving too much credit where it isn't due (yet).

Do you think Riley’s ability to pay for family visits helped him to get more kids to look? How many of those visits turned into commits that showed up?  

18 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Do you think Riley’s ability to pay for family visits helped him to get more kids to look? How many of those visits turned into commits that showed up?  

I agree with Blitz's post.  But, yes....this rule change is HUGE for Nebraska.  I am excited to see what Frost can do this summer....especially if he can get through February signing day with some momentum.  

When Riley was hired the same year Michigan hired Harbaugh, all we heard was how Michigan had the splash hire that jumpstarted all of their recruiting.  They instantly had legitimacy nationally.  

Now, Riley did pretty good getting top recruit's attention because he worked his ass off.  He signed some and not others.  The results on the field are obviously not in his favor.  BUT...on the recruiting trail, he worked hard to change the perspective of Nebraska.

NOW....WE have the splash hire.   We have that momentum and recruiting should be exciting to watch over the next 12 months.