Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska

Huskers44

13 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Would he get a scholarship? Would you burn a scholarship on him knowing that he's going to graduate before or at the same time as Martinez roughly and more than likely not beat him out for a starting job? 

I would think if Gebbia is around, Vedral might have a hard time getting passed him too. Could be wrong.

When is the last time we had a QB healthy for a wholes season?

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

When is the last time we had a QB healthy for a wholes season?

Ideally you'd recruit another one next year and I'm not convinced that he's better than Gebbia. You're not wrong in your thinking. I'm just saying they'll probably pick up another QB in the next cycle that Vedral would have to sit out anyway. If one of Gebbia or POB stays you'd have potentially three QB's ahead of him.

Is that worth a scholarship. I get that it's a lot of what if's right now. It's just hard for me to see.

Edited by spurs1990

4 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Ideally you'd recruit another one next year and I'm not convinced that he's better than Gebbia. You're not wrong in your thinking. I'm just saying they'll probably pick up another QB in the next cycle that Vedral would have to sit out anyway. If one of Gebbia or POB stays you'd have potentially three QB's ahead of him.

Is that worth a scholarship. I get that it's a lot of what if's right now. It's just hard for me to see.

QB is really important.

I see Lee and possibly POB moving on.

Which would leave...

RS FR Gebbia

RS SO Bunch (walkon)

FR Martinez

FR Maskers (walkon)

RS SO Vedral (transfer can’t play)

2 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

no.. post made perfect sense... you just didn't like the content...  

giphy.gif

I didn’t like that you were telling us about how great Martinez is, when we all agree and we are discussing a transfer QB... which I assumed you misunderstoood the thread, but apparently not.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I agree with what your getting at. I dont see the kid every playing or starting. So why waste a scholarship on someone you dont see playing. He seems like the caliber player we are offering preferred walk ons. 

I think scholarship kids should be guys you think can start one day. Sure they dont all pan out- but if you dont think they have a shot to start one day why offer them a scholarship. 

14 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

QB is really important.

I see Lee and possibly POB moving on.

Which would leave...

RS FR Gebbia

RS SO Bunch (walkon)

FR Martinez

FR Maskers (walkon)

RS SO Vedral (transfer can’t play)

I didn’t like that you were telling us about how great Martinez is, when we all agree and we are discussing a transfer QB... which I assumed you misunderstoood the thread, but apparently not.

please show me where I was telling you "how great" martinez is..??   drama much..??   I understand the thread just fine... I'm starting to think you may not get the concept of OPINION...

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

A guy that completed 75% of his passes in mop up duty as a true freshman and has experience in Frost's offense? He would be a big addition to the QB room. Definitely worth a scholarship.

The issue I have with that completion percentage is if he is playing mop up duty- they are winning by 40. The other team is defeated and has given up and disinterested. Heck maybe they might have their backups in for experience. IMO. Plus Level of competition. The teams they are playing are not very good to start- then imagine their backups or defeated players playing. 

• Mavric changed the title to Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska