National Championship Game

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Alabama was one of tge best 4 and they deserve to be there. Its pretty annoying everyone wants to whine about it

alabama didn't even reach the SEC championship game...how did they earn the right to be playing for the national championship if they couldn't even reach the sec championship game?   if they win this game it is because they were GIVEN the chance....not because they  EARNED the chance.

• Plus1 3

Just now, commando said:

alabama didn't even reach the SEC championship game...how did they earn the right to be playing for the national championship if they couldn't even reach the sec championship game?   if they win this game it is because they were GIVEN the chance....not because they  EARNED the chance.

Just like OSU was given the chance last year. Imo only one team earned the 4th spot and that was UCF who was never going to make it anyway. No other team earned it. OSU certainly didn't, losing by 5 touchdowns to Iowa. USC didn't earn it. Wisconsin had a chance to earn it but they didn't either. So no one earned that spot, no one else deserved it besides 1 team and we all know G5 always gets snubbed. That shouldn't be a surprise. If Alabama didn't get in I promise you UCF would NOT have been their replacement. So please tell me, who did earn that spot? Every team had their flaw, Bama was just the best of the bunch. 

• Plus1 3

I'll wait for the video.  I don't want ESPN's ratings to go up by pushing NU fans there to watch.  I hope the ratings are a disaster as this playoff

has frozen out 3/4 of the country.  This should be called "All South Championship" not Nat'l Championship.  As a non-sooner fan living in Tulsa -

as least the sooners weren't apart of the 'neighborhood' of bama, Georgia, SC - but they failed to knock off one of the SEC teams when they had

the chance. 

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Just like OSU was given the chance last year. Imo only one team earned the 4th spot and that was UCF who was never going to make it anyway. No other team earned it. OSU certainly didn't, losing by 5 touchdowns to Iowa. USC didn't earn it. Wisconsin had a chance to earn it but they didn't either. So no one earned that spot, no one else deserved it besides 1 team and we all know G5 always gets snubbed. That shouldn't be a surprise. If Alabama didn't get in I promise you UCF would NOT have been their replacement. So please tell me, who did earn that spot? Every team had their flaw, Bama was just the best of the bunch. 

PSU should have gone last year and either tOSU or USC this year. I'm a firm believer in being a conference champ to get in if only at 4 teams. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

ohio state won their conference.   UCF was undefeated.   heck...wisconsin at least played in the conference championship game...which is more than alabama did.    there are teams out there that earned it more than bama did IMO.   but Alabama would have to lose at least 4 games a year before they would not be given the chance to play for the title so it is what it is i guess.   

• Plus1 1

A team that didn't win its conference shouldn't be able to play for the national title.  I thought we established this long ago.  UCF should have been in or I could even see a Wisconsin.  If you're going to reward a team that didn't make its CCG, how do you penalize one that did?  The committee clearly didn't look at the CCG as anything special in one sense is what I'm driving at.

The P5 should not be in the same division as UCF if an undefeated UCF can't get a shot.  Let's cut the BS.  When P5 teams really only play their own conference's teams, too, it doesn't make any sense to judge one (conference) as better than another.

75% of FBS teams played an FCS team this season.  The B1G teams largely didn't, though (more than 80% iirc from a post I made last month).  Florida was the only $EC team that didn't.  $EC teams only played eight conference games to boot.  You all know the B1G teams played 9.  What did this SOS difference mean?

The committee is taking other seasons into account.  That's just more BS.  Add to this that their rankings are even more BS.  They might have an order that you bet on (which I have), because you figure you know what the playoff seeds will be, and then they mix them up at the last minute.  It's a joke!

We need to have a lot more OOC games between P5 teams.  I'd love to see it happen anytime but preferrably both in the regular season and playoffs.  I understand this is all about money.  What I don't understand is how more quality gmes wouldn't be a win-win for the fans and accountants alike.

p.s - If they were going to pull this **** and have two teams from the same conference in the playoff, they should have played in the first round and gotten it over with.

p.p.s. - I'd love to see a playoff like the lower divisions have.  Nebraska hosting a playoff game against a Miami, for example, would be a dream come true.  Let's take football back!  It's bad enough how baseball is due to weather...  ;)

Edited by beorach
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

PSU should have gone last year and either tOSU or USC this year. I'm a firm believer in being a conference champ to get in if only at 4 teams. 

But they didn't and I don't rember people being that upset about it around here. The precedent was set. USC? Really? Thats exactly why we don't want only conference champs. Alabama is definitely better than USC. Its funny everyone is so butthurt about this they would rather see a worse team in the playoff

• Plus1 1

This all falls on Ohio State.  Don't be Ohio State with superior talent, a supposed superior head coach, a supposed superior coaching staff, go into Iowa City and get your butt kicked by 31 points and run with your tail between your legs back to Columbus.  Ohio State does what it is supposed to in Iowa, none of this happens.  I blame them!

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, commando said:

ohio state won their conference.   UCF was undefeated.   heck...wisconsin at least played in the conference championship game...which is more than alabama did.    there are teams out there that earned it more than bama did IMO.   but Alabama would have to lose at least 4 games a year before they would not be given the chance to play for the title so it is what it is i guess.   

OSU ceded any chance they had when they lost to an unranked team by 5 touchdowns in the middle of the season. Wisconsin won the weakest division in college football and then lost their CCG. They had their shot and lost. If they won against OSU they were in. The bolded is such a ridiculous exaggeration its making me laugh. Everyone is just butthurt. If bama lost 2 games they would have been out of the conversation like everyone else. Bama is one of the 4 best teams in the country, its ok to admit. 

4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This all falls on Ohio State.  Don't be Ohio State with superior talent, a supposed superior head coach, a supposed superior coaching staff, go into Iowa City and get your butt kicked by 31 points and run with your tail between your legs back to Columbus.  Ohio State does what it is supposed to in Iowa, none of this happens.  I blame them!

Exactly. Every team that was a contender has a similar story. Wisconsin beats OSU they are in. If PSU doesn't drop a game to MSU they are likely in. If USC didn't get curb stomped by ND, or hell if they could have slipped past Washington State, they would be in. Other teams had a chance and they all blew it 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

OSU ceded any chance they had when they lost to an unranked team by 5 touchdowns in the middle of the season. Wisconsin won the weakest division in college football and then lost their CCG. They had their shot and lost. If they won against OSU they were in. The bolded is such a ridiculous exaggeration its making me laugh. Everyone is just butthurt. If bama lost 2 games they would have been out of the conversation like everyone else. Bama is one of the 4 best teams in the country, its ok to admit. 

They are one of the 4 best teams, but I do not believe a team that cannot win their own division deserves the opportunity to be a national champ if only 4 teams are allowed in. You make this playoff 8 teams and you give them an at large and they win. I have no problem with that because the teams that deserve to be in are in. All of them 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

They are one of the 4 best teams, but I do not believe a team that cannot win their own division deserves the opportunity to be a national champ if only 4 teams are allowed in. You make this playoff 8 teams and you give them an at large and they win. I have no problem with that because the teams that deserve to be in are in. All of them 

Why doesn't bama deserve to be there but a team that has lost twice does just because they won their conference? The only teams i would consider for the 4th spot are Wisconsin and UCF. The spot should have gone to UCF if the criteria was "who are the 4 most deserving teams in college football" but that isn't the criteria. Wisconsin had the only legit case to be in there that the committee was going to look at and the resumes are pretty similar. Alabama is just the better, more talented team. The criteria is what it is for a reason. I wouldn't want to see USC in the playoff or OSU for that matter. Bama is the more consistent team and they proved they deserved to be there in the semi. I want the best teams in the country duking it out, not the best teams who also won their conference. 

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You could have a 3 loss team in the title game potentially, no thanks.