Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I have always thought that it would be bad ass to have a room in a gym with fridges, couches, stoves, crap like that...stuff that you actually move at times...and you can do your functional fitness in there.  

Or you could get a summer job with Two Men and a Truck and get paid to workout....:thumbs

14 hours ago, lo country said:

Looks like the 200-250lb bag from Rogue Fitness.  The non-traditonal objects appear to be the newer thing in functional fitness.  Pick up heavy stuff ie sand bags, those strongman sandbags etc simulates real world fitness.  In football, when you grab a player, they react and move on multiple planes, pushing/pulling etc at the same time. The odd object training, IIRC, attempts to replicate that (not just football, but real world).  It can shift, collapse, one side gets lighter etc....Used a lot with .mil and .gov types...

This is where my mind went when I saw this clip. I'm guessing it's forcing the body to move in different ways than what a more traditional workout would require. Plus, he's not trying to lift an obscene amount of weight. The weight he's working with there is probably less than half of what he can squat.

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Why this system works....

1. Accountability, accountability, accountability. No more showing up and putting in half ass efforts. Bench and go home attitudes are no longer  
  2. Diet and cardio are focused on 10x more than the last staff 

I read that UCF didn't have a training table and Frost kind of brought in the nutrition stuff from scratch.

Nebraska already had everything set up. They had dietitions, calories listed on all the foods, all of that. But at least one thing Frost has done is forced the players to actually eat there a minimum # of times. Seems like that should have been obvious.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's a 675 pound squat. That's pretty impressive!

Edit: Compare that to the 550 pound squat that people were excited about with Bryson Williams at Wiscy. Granted he's a frosh, but adding 125 pounds to your squat at that weight isn't easy!

Edited by WyoHusker56