Russia

Another one bites the dust.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-journalist-found-dead-after-vowing-to-expose-gigantic-corruption/ar-AA1mHEhB?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=43ce5cc050804057bb9873a6954fee4e&ei=35

A Russian journalist who threatened to reveal large-scale corruption by Putin’s forces in occupied Ukraine has been found dead.

Alexander Rybin, 39, worked for a number of pro-Kremlin media outlets but also contributed to left-wing anti-war website Rabkor.

His body was found on Sunday near a motorway near Shakhty, a city in southeastern Russia near the border with Ukraine.

The previous week he had been reporting from Mariupol, a Ukrainian city which has become a key stronghold for Russian forces since they seized control of the country’s easternmost regions 18 months ago.

Speaking to a live broadcast on Rabkor, he said: ‘There is gigantic money here, there are gigantic opportunities for corruption.

My personal impression –  I’m not accusing anybody of anything… is that there is a gigantic corruption going on in Mariupol, which the Russian army occupied with heavy fighting in spring 2022.’

Mr Rybin vowed to tell more details of what he had uncovered in another Rabkor broadcast when he returned to Moscow – but he never made it.

Putin's response

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't know how true this is but hopefully it is very true.  

And, I mean, we can't condone this type of action...just kidding!  HAHAHA!  Stupid Commies

And...how is anyone still scared of those commies when their "special forces" just get killed like that.

commie russia is done.  what a pathetic country.  

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And, I mean, we can't condone this type of action...just kidding!  HAHAHA!  Stupid Commies

And...how is anyone still scared of those commies when their "special forces" just get killed like that.

Are you pretending to say that if the woman in that Tweet offered to sit and have drinks with you, you'd walk away?!?!  And we're supposed to believe you? :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Are you pretending to say that if the woman in that Tweet offered to sit and have drinks with you, you'd walk away?!?!  And we're supposed to believe you? :lol:

Oh my god, they TOTALLY knew what they were doing sending in the hotties.

Two things in the world have destroyed more men than all the wars combined.  Hotties and divorce court.  

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Seems very similar to that infamous Ukrainian pilot (The ghost of Kyiv) that was allegedly patrolling the skies over Kyiv & never actually existed. A morale boost 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, Decked said:

Seems very similar to that infamous Ukrainian pilot (The ghost of Kyiv) that was allegedly patrolling the skies over Kyiv & never actually existed. A morale boost 

FWIW...the original source of that story is russian telegram channels.  not ukrainian sources.

Just now, commando said:

FWIW...the original source of that story is russian telegram channels.  not ukrainian sources.

Gotcha . I just am very cautious of believing anyone with a Ukrainian/Russian flag about anything. 

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Gotcha . I just am very cautious of believing anyone with a Ukrainian/Russian flag about anything. 

As you should be!

Unfortunately, the war despite what either side says is probably going to end up as a stalemate. 

A pyrrhic victory for Russia in which they've gained a small amount of territory they didn't already control, lost hundreds of thousands of lives and suffered a complete strategic defeat with NATO expansion on their borders and a showcase of their military ineffectiveness.

They want to eventually reclaim all lost Soviet territory, so in the long term their goal is to destabilize NATO and eventually attack Baltic states, although those plans have more been set back decades.

• Plus1 1