Russia

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you all think we should have just stayed out and let Putin slaughter millions of innocent Ukrainians.  

1. You have no data backing up this statement. If anything, without our equipment this one is over quick.  

2. This prolonged war which has stalled is approaching the million casualty mark as is just in soldiers killed or wounded. Ukraine needs to come to the table. 

3. American taxpayers have no obligation to support Ukraine or any nation. Especially when conditions at home are terrible and this county is 34 trillion in debt. And rising. This is a war of enrichment. They are not doing this out of the kindness of their own heart. 

that being said as I am powerless. I would like to see Ukraine win but that will never happen. 

• TBH 3

17 minutes ago, Decked said:

without our equipment this one is over quick

In what way is this OK? Truly baffled by this statement.

Ukraine is a sovereign nation who wants to live in a democracy. Russia is a puppet state ruled by an autocrat.

In what context should Americans, who love democracy and freedom, not want to give a democracy our full support against autocracy?

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

1. I don't know about "millions" but for sure tens of thousands have died. None of this had to happen if Russia didn't attack Ukraine.

2. This war only exists because Putin attacked a sovereign nation. A nation which wants to be free, and a democracy. As Americans, we should support democracies everywhere.

3. Freedom has a price. You can pay that price in taxes, supporting democracies abroad, or you can ignore the struggle for democracy beyond our borders and wait until the fascists are at our borders. The latter cost isn't in dollars, it's in blood.

Those of us who support freedom would rather spend a few dollars in taxes than a few pints in blood.

And, if we can stop Putin n Ukraine, he doesn’t end up in Poland where we will be shedding American blood. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, Decked said:

1. You have no data backing up this statement. If anything, without our equipment this one is over quick.

And, you don’t have any data backing up that they wouldn’t.  They had already primed their population and military that the Ukrainians were all Nazis and they need to get rid of them.  They were not going to just walk in and give everyone hugs. 

• Plus1 2

Success and failure on the front line will determine Ukraine and Russia's will and desire to fight. To win the front line it means men and artillery. Ukraine is out of men and we're low on artillery. Zalensky said Russia is mobilizing 300,000 men, Ukraine isn't any where near that number. As was mentioned here a while back, Russia and their allies are producing 2x, 3x, 4x as many artillery shells and tank rounds as the West depending on what numbers you find. Ukraine hasn't held any ground this year, slowly being pushed back everyday.

I don't see how this war has a 10 year life span, might not make it to the end of the year.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Gage County said:

Success and failure on the front line will determine Ukraine and Russia's will and desire to fight. To win the front line it means men and artillery. Ukraine is out of men and we're low on artillery. Zalensky said Russia is mobilizing 300,000 men, Ukraine isn't any where near that number. As was mentioned here a while back, Russia and their allies are producing 2x, 3x, 4x as many artillery shells and tank rounds as the West depending on what numbers you find. Ukraine hasn't held any ground this year, slowly being pushed back everyday.

I don't see how this war has a 10 year life span, might not make it to the end of the year.

Okay I'll bite. What's your opinion on an alternative to the situation? 

3 hours ago, Gage County said:

We are not out of artillery and I’ll leave it up to them if they are out of men. 

On 4/30/2024 at 3:39 PM, Gage County said:

low on artillery?  this is just 1 of our plants

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Worth a Look 1

14 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Those drone strikes are starting to take their toll.  

Another affect - the fewer Petro $$s flowing into their economy from outside weakens their economy overall and their ability to wage war. 

• Plus1 1

While the freedom of the Ukrainian people should remain paramount, it is clear to all involved that the war is also a referendum on Vladimir Putin and Russian regional influence. Weakening Putin helps the cost/benefit ratio in multiple scenarios, if that's what you're keen to measure.

Of course the weaker Putin/Russia gets, the less willing Zelensky is to compromise, and it's honestly hard to see this getting settled without figuring out a face-saving concession for Putin that will stop the death and economic toll for both countries. 

• TBH 2