Russia

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is interesting wording from Ukraine's Minister of Defense.

"Ukraine has de facto joined NATO"

I'm sure that'll go over well in the Kremlin.

Yes, I'm sure the small guy in the Kremlin is doing cartwheels over that one.   But the statement is basically true.  NATO is fighting a proxy war through Ukraine.  We supply the guns, they supply the guts.   One of my Co-workers works from an office in Finland.  I need to ask her about their concerns about being Russia's neighbor during this time and the possibility of them joining NATO.  

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley said from Brussels on Tuesday.

“Putin thought he could defeat Ukraine quickly, fracture the NATO alliance, and act with impunity. He was wrong,” the top US general said. “Ukraine remains free, they remain independent. NATO and this coalition has never been stronger, and Russia is now a global pariah. And the world remains inspired by Ukrainian bravery and resilience. In short, Russia has lost — they’ve lost strategically, operationally, and tactically, and they are paying an enormous price on the battlefield.”
7 minutes ago, nic said:

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley said from Brussels on Tuesday.

“Putin thought he could defeat Ukraine quickly, fracture the NATO alliance, and act with impunity. He was wrong,” the top US general said. “Ukraine remains free, they remain independent. NATO and this coalition has never been stronger, and Russia is now a global pariah. And the world remains inspired by Ukrainian bravery and resilience. In short, Russia has lost — they’ve lost strategically, operationally, and tactically, and they are paying an enormous price on the battlefield.”

Wonder why Trump wanted to weaken NATO so bad.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, TGHusker said:

The scary part about his interview is this quote:

That said, we should not underestimate Putin. He still believes that Russia can "out-suffer" the Ukrainians, Europeans, and Americans in the same way that Russians out-suffered Napoleon's army and Hitler's Nazis. And the US and our NATO and western allies and partners need to do all that we can, as quickly as we can, to enable Ukraine and prove Putin wrong.

The question will be if the west has the resolve to see this through.  They're own security depends on it.  We know the Ukrainians have the will.  

52 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The question will be if the west has the resolve to see this through.  They're own security depends on it.  We know the Ukrainians have the will.  

if MAGA gets back in power ukraine is done.   

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wonder why Trump wanted to weaken NATO so bad.

I actually laughed out loud. I expected a positive reaction to Russia likely losing this thing and being pushed down  toward North Korea in the World Power rankings. This board never disappoints.  It feels like being on The View. ;)

• TBH 2

18 minutes ago, nic said:

I actually laughed out loud. I expected a positive reaction to Russia likely losing this thing and being pushed down  toward North Korea in the World Power rankings. This board never disappoints.  It feels like being the on The View. ;)

It's fantastic that Putin actually has strengthened NATO with his actions and he wasn't successful.

But, until he is no longer a leading candidate for the nomination in 2024, my comment is pertinent to the conversation.

• Plus1 6
On 2/15/2023 at 8:29 AM, Scarlet said:

On 2/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, commando said:

if MAGA gets back in power ukraine is done.   

Yes, Trump said he could resolve the issue in like 20 minutes.   SURRENDER UKRAINE!

Yes, resolve is needed.  Putin is a madman with a mad ideology believing Mother Russia includes everything from the west edge of Canada to the east edge of Germany.    

Another one bites the dust  

https://news.yahoo.com/top-russian-military-official-dead-160257516.html

A Russian military official in charge of financial provisions for the military district blamed for the Kremlin’s worst losses in Ukraine has been found dead after a nasty fall from a St. Petersburg high-rise.

Marina Yankina, head of the department of financial provisions for the Western Military District, was found dead on a sidewalk on Wednesday morning, according to multiple local reports. She is just the latest in a growing list of Russian military officials, defense industry figures, war critics, and gas and oil execs to die suddenly and mysteriously since the start of the full-scale invasion last year.

The 58-year-old’s belongings and documents were found on a balcony on the 16th floor of the building, Mash reports.

• Haha 1