Russia

27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This is gold :)

Girkin's the Russian nationalist who among other things was convicted for his roll in downing the Malaysian Jet MH17 in 2014.  

how can he say the quote below  and not fly out of a window?  seems to me that maybe putin might want to start being careful around windows on the upper floors of buildings.  wagner group and now girkin seems to be talking about mutiny    a bit more than would be prudent in russia and getting away with it so far.

"Today, another chance to avoid mutiny has been missed. And it's not obvious it wasn't the last chance."

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Russian asset Tulsi Gabbert has thoughts which align with......

....... Tucker Carlson :facepalm:

Wasn't it about a year ago she was fear mongering that we needed to allow Russia to rape and pillage the Ukrainian people because we had oodles and oodles of bio labs in Ukraine?  I wonder when exactly Putin flipped her.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder how much of their cannon fodder was obliterated beyond retrieval for this photo?  the photo here is blurred.  there is a clearer picture in the thread

So Prigozhin posted this I assume to continue his efforts to lay the blame at the Russian Ministry of Defense for not supply enough ammunition to his troops. 

That goes back to your comment on Girkin. How is this open defiance of Putin going to play out?  Both Girkin and Prigozhin have plenty of security so getting to either of them will be difficult for Putin, if that's what he wants to do.  Does this wind up in a mutiny as Girkin hinted at?  What's that look like if it happens?  Wagner in open armed conflict with regular Russian troops?

15 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So Prigozhin posted this I assume to continue his efforts to lay the blame at the Russian Ministry of Defense for not supply enough ammunition to his troops. 

That goes back to your comment on Girkin. How is this open defiance of Putin going to play out?  Both Girkin and Prigozhin have plenty of security so getting to either of them will be difficult for Putin, if that's what he wants to do.  Does this wind up in a mutiny as Girkin hinted at?  What's that look like if it happens?  Wagner in open armed conflict with regular Russian troops?

Just about nothing would make me happier than if Wagner Group would turn on Putin, march to Moscow and take Putin out of power.  And, as they march, more and more of the country would get behind them and support them.  Maybe even have the regular army turn and go with them.  Heck, sounds like most of those are conscripts that don't want to be in Ukraine anyway.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just about nothing would make me happier than if Wagner Group would turn on Putin, march to Moscow and take Putin out of power.  And, as they march, more and more of the country would get behind them and support them.  Maybe even have the regular army turn and go with them.  Heck, sounds like most of those are conscripts that don't want to be in Ukraine anyway.

Wagner is not strong enough at all for that. They are also incredibly ineffective. It would however create a large rift. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The problem with Russia is they'll never get past their feudalism mentality.  Whoever succeeds Putin will likely be no better.  They're destined to be medieval country with modern day weapons.  Although seeing Putin strung up would make for a good day 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The problem with Russia is they'll never get past their feudalism mentality.  Whoever succeeds Putin will likely be no better.  They're destined to be medieval country with modern day weapons.  Although seeing Putin strung up would make for a good day 

What would be interesting to see is if there is a legitimate coup against Putin, how much of the country jumps on board with it.

17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Agreed. Unfortunately Russia has been a country with weak institutions for over 100 years.

The successor to Putin will likely be another Kleptocrat seizing their opportunity to enrich themselves while installing friends in similar positions.

Right now, Putin abdicating power seems unlikely. This war will have to rage for another few years before the political forces emerge that will attempt to remove him from power. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This would probably make every 90s movie come true, and Uncle Joe could throw a Ruskie ultra-nationalist off his plane.

• Oh Yeah! 1