Jump to content
Mavric

*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think we have a great shot to lock up corcoran, betts and hutmacher. Watts IDK. But honestly i would not consider watts a big fish. He is rated like .85 at the moment. Yes he is local. But if he was from anywhere other than Nebraska we would all be saying who cares he is .85.

 

I’ve always wondered how any of these rating systems can generate 4 significant digits. Maybe I’m OCD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-25 at this point.  Numbers for each position are just my guess right now based on need and current roster, though Schaefer just put out some numbers and they pretty much agree.  We'll get a better idea what the staff is looking for in the coming months.

 

Just a reminder that my criteria for this list is to try to keep it to guys who seem to be legitimately interested in Nebraska, which in my book mainly means setting up a visit or having us in their Top 5/10/whatever list.  There are a ton of guys who say they're interested who never end up even visiting.  So the list is pretty small right now but there are a few guys who have put out a favorites list and we'll start to see more as guys visit this spring.

 

I'm sure I've missed a few so let me know if you notice someone.

 

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - Reggie Love, Deondre Jackson
WR - 3-4 - Zavier BettsXavier Watts, Lawaun Powell, Troy Omeire
TE - 1 - 
OT - 2-3 - Reece Atteberry, Turner Corcoran, Jalen St. JohnJeffrey Persi
OG/C - 1-2 - Marcus Harper

NT - 2 - Kevon Billingsley, Nash Hutmacher, Aidan Keanaaina
DE - 2 - 
ILB - 1-2 - 

OLB - 2-3 - Brennon Scott, T.J. Bollers, Quandarrius Robinson, Cullen Coleman, Tyler Berrong

CB - 2-3 - Dontae Manning
S - 1-2 - Antonio Johnson, Xavion Alford, RJ Mickens

 

ATH - Quin Bright



Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think we have a great shot to lock up corcoran, betts and hutmacher. Watts IDK. But honestly i would not consider watts a big fish. He is rated like .85 at the moment. Yes he is local. But if he was from anywhere other than Nebraska we would all be saying who cares he is .85.

I think he will get a big bump by signing day.  However,  I am not worried about recruiting skill positions on offense, Frost will be able to get those kids all the time as this offense will perform.  The big fish lineman are critical to long term success, those would be big blows. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New offer for a 2020 ILB from California. Kid is a stud. 6'2 230. Also could get lots of action at RB. Great kid as well with very good grades. Fills gaps very well and good in coverage. Picked up offers from LSU, KState, UCLA, Cal and now Nebraska in the last month.  https://twitter.com/misterwill28/status/1104196186976604161

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/mister-williams-237776

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ryangugs said:

New offer for a 2020 ILB from California. Kid is a stud. 6'2 230. Also could get lots of action at RB. Great kid as well with very good grades. Fills gaps very well and good in coverage. Picked up offers from LSU, KState, UCLA, Cal and now Nebraska in the last month.  https://twitter.com/misterwill28/status/1104196186976604161

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/mister-williams-237776

 

Welcome to huskerboard.

 

Recruiting forum is thataway -> https://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/forum/86-football-recruiting/

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Tuoti's son is a JR with offers from Army and Idaho St.

 

Does anyone know if a coaches son is allowed to walk-on at the school they coach at?

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Billsantosa said:

Apparently Tuoti's son is a JR with offers from Army and Idaho St.

 

Does anyone know if a coaches son is allowed to walk-on at the school they coach at?

Yes, if he pays the full cost of attendance himself. He can't take reduced tuition that I'm sure his dad gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×